Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

What's idiotic is Jones's continued obsession with putting Carter at DB for whatever reason...if they don't have anyone in house thats as good or better then that's pretty pathetic...He's not that good...got a gimme interception that had nothing to do with his play or skill and most other times was beat but QB didn't get the ball there....being in chase position then stumbling to the ground with the receiever when the pass falls out of reach isn't stellar play.

Also, his tackling is wretched and the apparent "n hits" he had in the last game he played were result of ball carrier running through him...nothing more..nothing less...Why you would weaken your offence by removing him when your questionable QB needs all help he can get to put in an offensive guy who is a marginal DB ...is ..well questionable. He will get exposed soon enough and most likely gets hurt as well....and that would be good riddance if we didn't have to see him for a while if you ask me.

The funny part of the hype train of this stupidity is there are so many guys in the league who could go both ways, and probably do it a lot better, but they are on teams with coaching staffs who aren't idiots and bring in proper talent to do the job.

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

What's idiotic is Jones's continued obsession with putting Carter at DB for whatever reason...if they don't have anyone in house thats as good or better then that's pretty pathetic...He's not that good...got a gimme interception that had nothing to do with his play or skill and most other times was beat but QB didn't get the ball there....being in chase position then stumbling to the ground with the receiever when the pass falls out of reach isn't stellar play.

Also, his tackling is wretched and the apparent "n hits" he had in the last game he played were result of ball carrier running through him...nothing more..nothing less...Why you would weaken your offence by removing him when your questionable QB needs all help he can get to put in an offensive guy who is a marginal DB ...is ..well questionable. He will get exposed soon enough and most likely gets hurt as well....and that would be good riddance if we didn't have to see him for a while if you ask me.

The funny part of the hype train of this stupidity is there are so many guys in the league who could go both ways, and probably do it a lot better, but they are on teams with coaching staffs who aren't idiots and bring in proper talent to do the job.

I am not crazy about Carter playing there either. He is a legit weapon at WR with good hands.  He is someone you have to account for on every play or you will get burned.  I get it that this is a injury replacement situation. Truth is we should not be in this situation to begin with. Too many Dline guys on roster.  In any event, I want to win games and if this is what we have to do this week, so be it. Would like it addressed moving forward however.  Riders will win tomorrow

amazing a Rider fan actually sees things in a sane manner. He is a weapon on offense when he has his head in a game and is pandered too...but when not...well...we all know what a first class doucher and team cancer he can be.

The rider's lack of depth in key areas is astounding tho and is bizarre to say the least...are really playing a dangerous game that can see that season implode quickly and ugly

I doubt they win though tomorrow...too many questions still and the win against the ARGOS was not impressive and a good team would have blown them clear outta the stadium

I think Ottawa starting rookie on Oline will be a problem.  Our front 7 is good and Harris won't have the time he needs.  Jury still out on Collaros with this fan, but we will run the ball right at a questionable dline from Ottawa. We will be 4-1 when we play Calgary.

Edited by Ripper

29 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I am not crazy about Carter playing there either. He is a legit weapon at WR with good hands.  He is someone you have to account for on every play or you will get burned.  I get it that this is a injury replacement situation. Truth is we should not be in this situation to begin with. Too many Dline guys on roster.  In any event, I want to win games and if this is what we have to do this week, so be it. Would like it addressed moving forward however.  Riders will win tomorrow

That's the thing, you're going to take away arguably the leagues best rec. so he can play mediocre DB? There's no one else out there you could find? Just doesn't make sense to me. And what if Carter gets hurt in this game? Who is going to replace him? And then you have weakened your REC core significantly. Man just a strange move IMO.

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

That's the thing, you're going to take away arguably the leagues best rec. so he can play mediocre DB? There's no one else out there you could find? Just doesn't make sense to me. And what if Carter gets hurt in this game? Who is going to replace him? And then you have weakened your REC core significantly. Man just a strange move IMO.

It is a strange move.  I'm not here trying to defend it. The injury thing doesn't concern me, it can happen in practice on a non contact play like it did to Nichols.  We lost Durant for the season same way in a game where no one touched him. Got to play your best players and just hope it doesn't happen.  If Carter is better at HB than the backups, that's not a good thing for the team. Doesn't say anything about Carter himself other than he is a good football player.  I think he will do fine even though i'd rather have him on offense

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

I don't think Carter is the best receiver in the CFL but he is very good. It makes no sense to me to play him at DB and shows poor scouting and roster construction by the Riders.

I'm not sure he is the best receiver on the Riders. Roosevelt is pretty dam good..  Carter is a top 10 receiver in the league I would say IMHO

Just got kicked out of RedBlacks walk-through. 🤷🏻‍♂️#cfl #conspiracy

1. You weren't kicked out.
2. You were told to leave the side of the field where media are never allowed during practice (except for TSN on walk through days).
3. You said you were going into the building to set up your backdrop, which was fine. Watching from that side is not.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Just got kicked out of RedBlacks walk-through. 🤷🏻‍♂️#cfl #conspiracy

1. You weren't kicked out.
2. You were told to leave the side of the field where media are never allowed during practice (except for TSN on walk through days).
3. You said you were going into the building to set up your backdrop, which was fine. Watching from that side is not.

Lmao conspiracy.  that's great!

as sad as it is to say it...I would not be surprised in the least if Jones "asks" Penison to report back on formations etc on a walk through...or if he offered it up and Jones accepted.

A walk through isn't intensive stuff where you see plays ran at speed...BUY you will see pre snap formations..personnel  and basically the primary target for these formations, so when game time comes...you recognize it and adjust to it. 

Based on that other article where it was mentioned that Sask seemed to be in the T.O playbook and knew where the ball was going well things make sense and where smoke...there usually fire and being it was a Sask home game that slime ball could have been anywhere in that stadium having a ganders..

That organization under Jones has already been caught as cheaters and dancing the boundaries of professionalism, so to think they have stopped is foolish at best