Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

3 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

I felt pretty confident that despite how Willy's game has fallen off, he'd still be better than the other guys the Als brought in.

Sounds like Freeman is not the superstar QB he was hyped to be.

4 hours ago, tracker said:

Montreal continues to find ways to bring their circus show to new levels.  I just am befuddled beyond all getup.  First off, why would you hire a head coach who's not been in pro or college football for 5 years now and whose best days are well behind him?  He's had zero CFL pedigree to top it all off.  You go trying to teach 2 old dogs with Freeman at age 30 and Sherman at age 63 new tricks, I guarantee you it's not going to work.

I'd say right now the only thing that's going to get them back up is a long, slow and painful 3-year rebuilding process like what we did with O'Shea.  Otherwise, high-value free agents like James Franklin and sought after HC candidates like Lapolice will continue to turn them down.

37 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I'm not that surprised.  They had him lining up at field corner and you don't sign a guy who just got an NFL shot, for presumably bigger money, to play on the field corner.  Just makes no sense.  More poor roster management from Chris Jones.

15 hours ago, tracker said:

Not saying Freeman will be anything special... but it's pretty silly to write off a CFL rookie after only 2 days of training camp... I will say, however, that he's gotta show something in pre-season to have a shot at sticking around...