Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

Jones doesn't have many options: Bridge, Collaros, Willy, Glenn. Maybe trade for Franklin? That is a SAD SACK group, man.

Rielly isn't going to go to Sask unless they way overpay. If by some outside chance he does though, yikes they would be a scary team with that defense.  

It's Rielly for a cap-destryoing salary or pry Streveler out of Winnipeg for a massive overpay.

Edited by Dr Zaius

That defense tho won't be intact next year...If they have to pay Reilly...or any top end pivot..then will have to cut salary somewhere...and all their salary is tied into the defense...and they have key guys as free agents so may lose em to other teams anyway..

It could very likely be that they are really hooped for a QB next year..not a good situation for a regime moving into year 4....only hope really is making a trade for a legit guy...but that too will cost them...or...roll with Collaros again...and that would be scary in the not good scary....and more for him..I think he is done 

And no way in hell that Winnipeg will move Steveler...not for anything and especially not to a Western team in dire need

Edited by Booch

7 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Jones doesn't have many options: Bridge, Collaros, Willy, Glenn. Maybe trade for Franklin? That is a SAD SACK group, man.

Rielly isn't going to go to Sask unless they way overpay. If by some outside chance he does though, yikes they would be a scary team with that defense.  

It's Rielly for a cap-destryoing salary or pry Streveler out of Winnipeg for a massive overpay.

Streveler is still under contract next year, I believe. They can't poach him. 

50 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

What? Ricky Ray got a look in the NFL and compared to him BLM has a rocket. Now granted it was a long time ago Ray got his shot but still. BLM has enough of an arm. 

I Don't think Ricky played many downs in the NFL. 

But maybe Bo can make it. That's fine, better for the Bombers anyway.

Edited by Mark F

5 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

You are correct. I meant in terms of a trade offer that Walters just simply couldn't pass up. 

Not sure who can they offer for trade though. Some of their good players are free-agents next year. 

and we have 2 first rounders next year so I think Walters will not likely be interested for another one.

here are the riders FA list:

http://3downnation.com/2018/11/12/riders-free-agent-and-notable-contract-list/

Edited by M.O.A.B.

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

Not sure who can they offer for trade though. Some of their good players are free-agents next year. 

and we have 2 first rounders next year so I think Walters will not likely be interested for another one.

here are the riders FA list:

http://3downnation.com/2018/11/12/riders-free-agent-and-notable-contract-list/

Wow. I did not realize Roosevelt was a FA. If he walks that offense becomes a total laughingstock 

1 hour ago, Zontar said:

Don't know who Riders think they're going to get at QB. Reilly will either stay or go to BC. BLM stays or goes to NFL.

Either get lucky and find someone at mini camp or go full project with some donkey.

They could well be seriously hooped for awhile.

The Riders have to sign a QB already playing in the CFL to have any chance of being competitive next season, Jones already knows this and will have to budget accordingly.  Realistically they are not likely to find a QB new to the CFL who will be able to contribute much in his first year, if good and lucky middling second year success is even against the odds.  Just think of how long it took Nichols and Masoli to get to the point they are at now, 7 or 8 years of hard fought experience and tribulation to gain their first playoff wins.

57 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

You are correct. I meant in terms of a trade offer that Walters just simply couldn't pass up. 

I honestly don't think there's much that Saskatchewan could offer Walters that he'd be interested in. What do we need more than stability at the backup QB spot?

Even an offer like Willie Jefferson + a first-rounder, even as an overpay that they would never come up with, is not an offer I would take.

yeah I see nothing on their roster we can't scrounge up on our own...no o-line pieces....I like our d-line pieces better....nothing in terms of DB's or receivers..only one is Eqgouvan or however you spell it, and he is a free agent anyway and am sure he will test the market

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah I see nothing on their roster we can't scrounge up on our own...no o-line pieces....I like our d-line pieces better....nothing in terms of DB's or receivers..only one is Eqgouvan or however you spell it, and he is a free agent anyway and am sure he will test the market

and even then we aren't exactly hurting at that linebacker position. Better to have the capable back up qb than another piece at linebacker when we're already pretty strong there.