Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

7 minutes ago, J5V said:

I thought I'd stroll over to TSN to see what the pundits had to say about the CFL and the WSF. Five articles about the Lions/Cats, two by Naylor about the Riders, zero about the Bombers. I guess there's only three teams playing tomorrow.

Might I offer this up then from CFL.ca

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/11/10/oleary-bombers-electrified-loyalty-head-coach-oshea/

10 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Way to ruin his Dave Ritchie posturing. 

Sometimes it's spooky how you see right through me, but that's right, we get no respect. No one thinks we're for real. Everyone looks right past us. I mean, we're not even worth talking about!

the sad part...or for some funny part...not sure what they can do for QB next year as well...Reilly will stay in Edmnton now that they have confirmed their coaching structure....and if he leaves it will be in B.C...Lulay I would say is done...or not a guy to hang a hat on so Jennings is bound to stay put...dare you say Drew Willy Sask starter next year?....or Kevin Glenn whom they should have never pooched in the first place...Jones sure screwed them there...year 4...and no QB...

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

the sad part...or for some funny part...not sure what they can do for QB next year as well...Reilly will stay in Edmnton now that they have confirmed their coaching structure....and if he leaves it will be in B.C...Lulay I would say is done...or not a guy to hang a hat on so Jennings is bound to stay put...dare you say Drew Willy Sask starter next year?....or Kevin Glenn whom they should have never pooched in the first place...Jones sure screwed them there...year 4...and no QB...

Franklin? Wore out his welcome in Toronto. Still has some upside.

I agree that Lulay is done. New coach may want his own QB, so Jennings could be available. He's an upgrade over Bridge and doesn't have Collaros' concussion history.

Glenn? Too old. Likely done.

Reilly and BLM are both going to be 'available'. Would the Riders pay big bucks for either and would either want to go there considering their O line?

I doubt either of the big 2 leave their respective teams...and if they do...it will cost huge money and there will be some big cuts to accommodate.

Franklin has more upside than Bethel Thompson...and I think a new coach there in T.O will do him well....highly doubt they turf him after one season on a baaaad team.

Jennings I bet stays put too..BC would be foolish to let him go and start from scratch unless they land Reilly...most likely scenario is that Sask has to go after one..or two of the QB scraps from Montreal..Shiltz or Willy as I assume they will keep Manziel and Pipkin...or...they make a major deal and sacrifice draft picks and major defensive starter talent, but they are weak in depth and need their picks..and if you have to weaken their defense...then you rob peter to pay paul.

Just looking at those last game depth charts...if they were to have lost an o-lineman next man up was Schramm...with next to no experience...and no extra DB if one went down...such razor thin game day depth in a big game

Edited by Booch

16 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Franklin? Wore out his welcome in Toronto. Still has some upside.

I agree that Lulay is done. New coach may want his own QB, so Jennings could be available. He's an upgrade over Bridge and doesn't have Collaros' concussion history.

Glenn? Too old. Likely done.

Reilly and BLM are both going to be 'available'. Would the Riders pay big bucks for either and would either want to go there considering their O line?

Would either want to go there considering those jerseys..........yuck

One thought on the QB speculation:  If Mitchell spends next year on the NFL treadmill - and there has been interest from a few teams - does Calgary look north for their next QB?  It is hard to envision a Hufnagel team without a bona fide starter.  We just haven't seen it. 

I think the Bombers have the best quarterback situation in the CFL.  

I read that with Glenn,  Sask had 35 TD passes. 

The Bombers know about how hard it is to get a good quarterback.

Hard for me to really tell, but I don't think Bo Levi has an NFL strength arm.  

Edited by Mark F

54 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Don't know who Riders think they're going to get at QB. Reilly will either stay or go to BC. BLM stays or goes to NFL.

Either get lucky and find someone at mini camp or go full project with some donkey.

They could well be seriously hooped for awhile.

You don't think Jones will go after Reilly?? I heard they might......