Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

18 minutes ago, Floyd said:

An elegant troll... don't ever believe that we don't see through it.

If that's a troll then every post in here is a troll including most of yours. 34f6d9988f3fbea147ce41b88075ad6a.jpg

28 minutes ago, Brandon said:

You have been so quiet this year,   why are you over this regime?

I just find it kind of hard to *really* care about the Bombers anymore, to be honest. Most of it is that I have a new job and I’m never around, but the way this team is managed is just so uninspiring these days. 

We are loyal to a fault and it’s a major flaw that is costing us games at this point. There are no measurable consequences for playing poorly, unless you’re a young American (the exact kind of player you should offer up a longer leash to) like Poop who has been stapled to the bench. We sign veterans to heavy money deals and when they don’t fit our scheme or play the role that was envisioned, instead of cutting bait (see: Purifoy, Reed, etc), we just hang onto them and ruin our cap flexibility. We don’t make the moves necessary for midseason talent additions, we just deploy the PR guys even though our scouting is so poor that it forces us to rely on adding so many veterans in the off-season. We’ve now missed on Posey and Matthews, who are two guys who quite likely would’ve been huge boosts to our team and why? To keep playing mediocre guys like Darvin who is having a total down year?

I just don’t really care anymore. It’s too difficult.

14 minutes ago, Tracker said:

It seems that some here try to label anyone with a dissenting opinion as a troll. Sounds like something that happens a lot on Riderfans. Enjoy.

No I'm just saying your posts lately are very troll-like... same with J5V... its true

NorthernSkunk, Source, etc... all posters that glorify in the bombers' failures and downplay success

11 minutes ago, Tracker said:

It seems that some here try to label anyone with a dissenting opinion as a troll. Sounds like something that happens a lot on Riderfans. Enjoy.

image3.png

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

No I'm just saying your posts lately are very troll-like... same with J5V... its true

NorthernSkunk, Source, etc... all posters that glorify in the bombers' failures and downplay success

what-a-crock-of-shit-17853493.png

5 hours ago, Booch said:

And we are in no fear of cap issues either...a late season signing isn't going to hurt us in the least and I bet you see many an extension at end of the year with upfront money from this year still available...the up against the cap talk is all message board fabrication and assumptioms...and has no legitimacy to it

Is it not an assumption that you're making about the availability of cap space?

29 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Is it not an assumption that you're making about the availability of cap space?

Would be a legit knock against the current regime...  I don't really believe it but...

If Durant, Ekakitie, Bowman were all paid significant off-season bonuses...  plus FA signings Fenner, LaFrance and Demski...

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

Acts like a troll... posts like a troll.... shares the same viewpoint as a troll... well must be a ******* troll.

There is very little difference between what  some posters post and what the source posts.... ironically sometimes the source is more supportive- just in a back handed way. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Ekakite didnt get big up front money..nor was Bowmans signing bonus which would hurt ..heck all he got in total was 140 if he played all year..and was only here for what 4 games??

Dressler..Wild..Medlock..all are playing for less this year..Strevler and Bennett are less than Davis and Lefevour..Moe has been off books...Harris..Bighill..are under 200k a year..Nevis is a cheap 120k..Roh was reported under 100k and Jeffcoat..Poop..Bryant are all entry level which offsets Opo' s 170k really

Even Neufeld was reported at 140k which is peanuts for a Nationsl starting olineman. 

Randle and Fenner are making market value for their position and other than Fogg who isnt making a lot and Loffler who is still on his first contract the rest of defence is pretty much on entry level deals. 

Even factoring in Bryant's and Hardricks deals which aren't earth shattering by any means but in line with any other teams players of similar skill/tenure there is no reason we are in cap restraint mode. Demskis over pay if u ask me at 130-140k isnt breaking us.

The no cap room talk is just that.. talk 

Edited by Booch

10 hours ago, Tracker said:

To be fair it started with someone suggesting a draft pick could sign somewhere else...unless you're completely clueless...that's trolling.

8 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Acts like a troll... posts like a troll.... shares the same viewpoint as a troll... well must be a ******* troll.

There is very little difference between what  some posters post and what the source posts.... ironically sometimes the source is more supportive- just in a back handed way.

I guess that makes you a Troll.

I understand that there are people who post to annoy. 

I don't think being consistently critical of the team means that's what someone is doing. 

Have a look at the other forum, many , at this point probably most of the posts are  critical of the Bombers.

A much bigger problem, is when people don't care enough to comment.  

There is an ignore button. 

15 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I understand that there are people who post to annoy. 

I don't think being consistently critical of the team means that's what someone is doing. 

Have a look at the other forum, many , at this point probably most of the posts are  critical of the Bombers.

A much bigger problem, is when people don't care enough to comment.  

There is an ignore button. 

You're right Mark about the 'not caring'....When we reach the point of apathy....which seems to be around the corner as a lot of good posters have left....then you know you're in deep doo doo 

11 hours ago, Floyd said:

Wtf are you talking about ?..... you think it's a glorious feeling being the fan of a team who hasn't won the cup in sooooo long ? 

154 times. 

Embarrassing. 

According to Rob Vanstone, TSN’s broadcasting crew mentioned Johnny Manziel a ridiculous 154 times during the game on Sunday. And Zach Collaros 138 times.

I know I noticed how often Manziel was mentioned but I didn’t count. Vanstone re-watched the game and counted. 

I love the CFL game but the difference in calling the games between the two leagues is Grand Canyon-like. 

9 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

154 times. 

Embarrassing. 

According to Rob Vanstone, TSN’s broadcasting crew mentioned Johnny Manziel a ridiculous 154 times during the game on Sunday. And Zach Collaros 138 times.

I know I noticed how often Manziel was mentioned but I didn’t count. Vanstone re-watched the game and counted. 

I love the CFL game but the difference in calling the games between the two leagues is Grand Canyon-like. 

I mean...is 154 vs 138 really that big a difference over the course of a game?

5 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I mean...is 154 vs 138 really that big a difference over the course of a game?

That’s not the point.

It’s the fact that these 2 QBs were mentioned that many times in 1 game. Surely, you can bring up facts and data about other players who were involved in the game. To continually rely on the fallback of mentioning these guys is lazy, and annoying to listeners.