Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

If LaPo takes the job in Toronto, what are we betting that his first move isn't making a trade for Matt Nichols?

he esentially committed to the Blue & Gold for next season, but maybe after the "vote of confidence" Nichols got from Walters,. LaPo says "nah, time to look elsewhere... I'm not doing this again!".    Just a thought!

Edited by trueBlue83

18 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

If LaPo takes the job in Toronto, what are we betting that his first move isn't making a trade for Matt Nichols?

he esentially committed to the Blue & Gold for next season, but maybe after the "vote of confidence" Nichols got from Walters,. LaPo says "nah, time to look elsewhere... I'm not doing this again!".    Just a thought!

Far more concerned about losing Strevelution....Lapo recruited him and is a HUGE fan. They have Franklin already, which is pretty damn good, but you know Lapo would LOVE to have Strev there...

55 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Far more concerned about losing Strevelution....Lapo recruited him and is a HUGE fan. They have Franklin already, which is pretty damn good, but you know Lapo would LOVE to have Strev there...

Streveler is under contract to us in 19'...and any event why the hell would he want to go to the big smoke just cuz Lapo hooks up there...He's quite comfortable here and stands a very good chance of becoming the starter with his current team,rather than starting all over from scratch...I'm not concerned at all about Streve being here long term

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I hope the Jones situation doesn't cause the team to fire him. That would leave another HC spot available which means a greater chance of losing PLAP.

This. If Cheat Jones will be shown out the door. We can almost count that Lapo will be their HC.

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Streveler is under contract to us in 19'...and any event why the hell would he want to go to the big smoke just cuz Lapo hooks up there...He's quite comfortable here and stands a very good chance of becoming the starter with his current team,rather than starting all over from scratch...I'm not concerned at all about Streve being here long term

Plus, if he stays in Winnipeg, he has a good chance of having all of his body parts still attached and working this time next year.

Edited by Tracker

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Yeah, I don't get all the angst from fans that we'll lose him. He's under contract for another year. 

2 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

I won't miss Lapo if he walks. He can't handle head coaching duties and offensive play-calling wherever he goes anyway. Their offense would destined to be vanilla. 

I don't know if leaving for the Argos is a great career move. But if he wants to go & is hired I wish LaPo well. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Riderfans and negative rumours.

Like Taman and Chamblin before him the process is this:

1. Jones will be defended. Critics will be mocked and ridiculed by the select few.

2. Front office becomes leery as negativity mounts. Select few follow suit.

3. More and more negativity is selectively leaked as firing is foregone conclusion. Select few being full participants .

4. Jones is fired.  Avalanche of horror stories begins. Jones is now officially a villain, all accomplishments suspect or dismissed. One or more of select few reveals "I knew it all along but didn't want to say anything..." etc.

5. New guy hired. Reset process. 

Edited by Zontar