Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

I don't understand the Ambrosie hate at all.

This Mexico thing is stupid, but the endgame isn't to have expansion, I guarantee that. The endgame is to make contacts with deep pockets and to have the CFL on their TVs. 

CFL viewership is up 5% since last year and Ambrosie actually listens to the fans. If a rule is stupid, he changes it. If the fans want the season up a week, he changes it. It's confirmed that the Grey Cup will be a week earlier next year, which I personally like. 

Orridge was way worse in my opinion. He didn't listen to anyone. Ambrosie does.

Edited by Dr Zaius

18 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

He is busy selling good will and hopefully season ticket packages this week....he gets a pass.   I don't see the "mafia" thing sticking around long..........what's next " support your local **** "

Again, I never suggested the team itself adopt it, but the fans do. And not but days after that we have fans making shirts the coaches are wearing. Can you just be wrong and move on? 

28 minutes ago, White Out said:

Again, I never suggested the team itself adopt it, but the fans do. And not but days after that we have fans making shirts the coaches are wearing. Can you just be wrong and move on? 

And I never suggested that you suggested anything,  I'm simply commenting my opinion on it is all........when I see them selling this shirt in the Bomber store for several years,  then I may believe the fans have adopted it.  But for me it simply looks like a grey cup week fad that will burn out once people realize walking around with "mafia" on a shirt really ain't that funny.  

6 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

And I never suggested that you suggested anything,  I'm simply commenting my opinion on it is all........when I see them selling this shirt in the Bomber store for several years,  then I may believe the fans have adopted it.  But for me it simply looks like a grey cup week fad that will burn out once people realize walking around with "mafia" on a shirt really ain't that funny.  

You’re why the internet sucks. Just admit your opinion was wrong and move on. Not the end of the word 

36 minutes ago, White Out said:

You’re why the internet sucks. Just admit your opinion was wrong and move on. Not the end of the word 

No, people that chase simple opinions because they don't agree are what's wrong.   Just  read and move on, or ignore and move on it's what I do when I read here.

Seriously I don't see this sticking........ #supportyourlocalmafia 

To me, Ambrosie is focusing on areas that don't need focusing like Mexico. Meanwhile 12,000 fans show up at BMO FIeld  & 15,000 at Molson Stadium. BC is not much better. The top 3 markets are struggling at the gate & nothing is done. Start up by 2 new professional leagues this spring & next which pay entry level players more money than what they could receive in the CFL.  Refereeing is atrocious. Shots to the head go unpunished by game officials who either can't see, are scared to call a penalty  or don't know what head shots look like which hurts the credibility of the league with a lot of Canadians.  A monetary settlement of former players suffering with head issues is pending & hanging over the league like a buzzard looking for carion. Trying to get a team in Halifax when participation in football by kids across Canada dropping due to the fear of head injuries. With a team in Halifax it will probably  mean the league will have to drop it's Canadian starters from 7 to 6 as there aren't enough quality Canadians coming out of college to cover even an additional 7 spots. CBA needs to be negotiated. Why wasn't the league & Players Association already not negotiating knowing what was at stake?? Ambrosie making the league political (which I don't like) with the league's Diversity Is Strength campaign last summer.  Yet, what is the discussion? Signing a developmental deal with a Mexican senior men's league. Priorities seemed all mixed up with our Commissioner. Nice scarf, though. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

I like pretending I know what's going on behind the scenes too. So I'll drop my completely uneducated opinion.

He should focus more energy on markets that time and time again, prove they  dont want a cfl team....instead of markets that are so determined to be a part of the CFL they sell season tickets and have a team name before a team is even announced as a possibility in the next year.

And he needs to start making up for the human element in football. No mistakes are acceptable. If a player gets hurt. There must be a flag/penalty/fine or he and the league clearly dont care.

Anything that might bring this league any global exposure is far to close to the expansion of the 90s and must be stopped immediately. 

40 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Bc is a huge problem in the not so distant future imo, and we all know Toronto is what it is, and I won't trust Montreal if they keep losing either. To me we should work in solidifying and strengthening the existing markets. The prairies can't carry the cfl forever.

Whether it was up front or behind the scenes - the Argos have received far more league support than anyone else.  Maybe another lopsided QB trade could be arranged...

20 hours ago, bigg jay said:

6 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

One lady made three shirts.....and you can't get one.  That is hardly apology worthy.  There is no way the Bombers want their brand anywhere associated with the mafia.  Think about it.

That's Carol Barrott, the Bombers Ticketing and Fan Services Manager. No way she made those t-shirts.