Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

35 minutes ago, Booch said:

not arguably...easily

You clearly are under estimating the Rider fans base and it's ability to blow smoke up their own asses. No matter who they get in the offseason they will have the best qb situation going and perhaps can trade their backup or even 3rd stringer for a couple Canadian starters. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You clearly are under estimating the Rider fans base and it's ability to blow smoke up their own asses. No matter who they get in the offseason they will have the best qb situation going and perhaps can trade their backup or even 3rd stringer for a couple Canadian starters. 

true...I do recall at the beginning of the season them raving about their QB situation and the solid depth...tops in the league...as well as the embarrassment of riches in the receiving corp...one which had no 1000 yard guys or anyone with more than 4 td's...

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Already giving Pipkin , among others, as QB of the future for a test drive. Pipkin. Seriously.

JUST IN: The #Roughriders announce they have signed running back Marcus Thigpen to a contract extension. He registered 48 carries for 408 yards and four touchdowns while adding 24 receptions for 233 yards and one touchdown.

https://www.tsn.ca/roughriders-sign-rb-kr-thigpen-to-extension-1.1209144?tsn-amp&__twitter_impression=true

Regina - 27  26 free agent players

Not to worry, BC Lions have 34 free agent players..

43 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

well colour me surprised. ******* like that I was sure would protect himself. 

But remember, 10% of a salary of say 500k is a little easier to absorb than a hit of 10% to someone making 50k.   Now if he had taken a 20% cut so staff at the lower end could avoid a hit, that would indeed be something.

Tweet from Arash Madani:

"Some concerned Riders employees, being told of paycuts and bonuses removed, want to meet with President Craig Reynolds.

It's days like today that leadership is integral in an organization.

So far, staff have been told that Reynolds is "unavailable" to meet with them today."

Oh boy. House of cards is falling.

8 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

JUST IN: The #Roughriders announce they have signed running back Marcus Thigpen to a contract extension. He registered 48 carries for 408 yards and four touchdowns while adding 24 receptions for 233 yards and one touchdown.

https://www.tsn.ca/roughriders-sign-rb-kr-thigpen-to-extension-1.1209144?tsn-amp&__twitter_impression=true

Regina - 27  26 free agent players

Not to worry, BC Lions have 34 free agent players..

What's our situation?

1 minute ago, Mr Dee said:

I had a list, but I cannot locate it. I might have chewed on it in nervousness while watching the semifinal game. I believe it was in the low 20’s. 23 maybe?

Not good no matter what. Our esteemed Commissioner should get off his ass, quit worrying about Halifax for the time being & get a new CBA done before the AAFL ravages all 9 team rosters.