Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

14 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Well, IGF was partially built with federal money. As far as Trudeau goes, that guy is a tax grabbing machine and will do whatever he has to in order to bribe or buy votes. I do hope that Halifax can be successful. Historic event if the CFL could get a team there. 

No politician of any stripe is immune from using public money for promotion of themselves or their causes. I am pessimistic that the deal will either come through or make economic sense for the Nova Scotia government. Insofar as federal government promises are concerned, promises have a way of evaporating due to "unforeseen circumstances" shortly after the elections are over.

16 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Eh chihuahua!

Si! I think I like it!

I'm sure it will be Montreal and they'll be told to suit up Money Manziel. 

"Hey, remember that unsuccessful Bears head coach, Mark Trestman? Well, let me tell you what he's up to now, Mexican American-football fans."

Just guessing but I doubt there will be 45-50k in attendance. Just a hunch. 

Edited by JCon

The NFL played a game in Mexico City last year (I think it was last year - the years tend to blur together now) and the issue there was air pollution combined with the high altitude.  Not sure why the CFL would go there.  I hope this isn't another crazy expansion idea.  I lived through that in the 1990's and it sucked.  USMCFL...

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

The NFL played a game in Mexico City last year (I think it was last year - the years tend to blur together now) and the issue there was air pollution combined with the high altitude.  Not sure why the CFL would go there.  I hope this isn't another crazy expansion idea.  I lived through that in the 1990's and it sucked.  USMCFL...

They want Mexican players as a pipeline for talent. (Oops, dirty word those pipelines)…. maybe if they can develop them they will be players up here. Makes more sense to me than playing in China or somewhere else where the chances of players ever coming from there is negligible.  Wait'll those Mexicans see November in this country. LOL.

Folks, generally I love this site and fire out all the likes I possibly can just show my appreciation for all your insight/hilarity/squabbling, but y'all are going overboard on the political jabs and lowest common denominator insults. I live in SK (and hate it for all the obvious reasons) and it's beginning to feel a little too Sasky in here. Could we just chill? I don't wanna know your politics other than locker room stuff or how Weston Dressler looks so small he might be an ambassador from the fairy people or when y'all debated how big that guy's junk was. 

Anyone notice Poop Johnson is with the Riders now or did we talk about that and I missed it? Thought he was going home to make more money...?

Fire away on how much I suck........ NOW!

4 minutes ago, The Classic said:

Folks, generally I love this site and fire out all the likes I possibly can just show my appreciation for all your insight/hilarity/squabbling, but y'all are going overboard on the political jabs and lowest common denominator insults. I live in SK (and hate it for all the obvious reasons) and it's beginning to feel a little too Sasky in here. Could we just chill? I don't wanna know your politics other than locker room stuff or how Weston Dressler looks so small he might be an ambassador from the fairy people or when y'all debated how big that guy's junk was. 

Anyone notice Poop Johnson is with the Riders now or did we talk about that and I missed it? Thought he was going home to make more money...?

Fire away on how much I suck........ NOW!

Image result for you suck!

Just kidding...

Edited by kelownabomberfan