Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

Just now, pigseye said:

That's the real difference, other teams got hit hard by injuries and blew through their PR guys. I don't mind rewarding a guy like Thompkins/Washington for sitting on the PR all year making squat with some game time cheques. That's just who Walters/MOS are, they are straight up guys. Maybe they could be a little more cut throat but I don't think they want the organization to be seen in that light.  

I don't care about perception. I want to win. 

Just now, pigseye said:

Me too but it's not like we completely suck, we're right in the mix despite losing 4 in a row and starting to play our best ball. 

Winning means a championship. I'll say this about Cal Murphy. He had a reputation of being crotchety & cheap but if he saw someone out there that he thought could help the Bombers he signed them.  He wasn't afraid to push veterans to be better. If they felt uncomfortable or pressured that was okay. And we won Grey Cups. That was the bottom line for Murph. There was no country club atmosphere or entitlement with him. 

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Stafford was off-season.  If you're talking free agents they've probably relied on that way too much and have stunk at bringing in impact imports throughout the roster.

Stafford & Gurley were both signed late in the season when they were released by the Argos. The third player cut went to the Eskimos.

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Stafford & Gurley were both signed late in the season when they were released by the Argos. The third player cut went to the Eskimos.

Stafford was signed by the Bombers prior to 2017 and cut at the end of training camp.  Never played a game.  Gurley came here, Kevin Elliott went to Hamilton, Vidal Hazelton went to Edmonton.

56 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Likewise, you're on a fan message board FFS.  Soooo much credibility posting here.  All anyone knows about you is that who you say you are, which could be true or could be completely bunk.  Don't attack anyone else on their credibility. 

Quite a few here and on other sites know a good deal about who I am/was..and didnt attack any credibility.. if u take someone saying dont blabber on about stuff you have no clue about as a credibility issue..then maybe dont blabber on

U said guys cant come in and play..and dont have an iota of an idea of what most pro-ready/released guys do to maintain game shape..and actually play modified games for a call such as Matthew's just got...where as I know exactly what guys are doing..have done it..and now in a few instances help facilitate it as well.. and yeah I post on a fan board like many as a fan of the game and for interesting interaction 

It would prob blow your lil nutsack off if u actually knew who some of the aliases were on some of these boards.. tho I shouldn't assume u have one cause for all I know about u is that u could be a female behind your username..and dont wanna make offensive comments about your anatomy :)

38 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Stafford was signed by the Bombers prior to 2017 and cut at the end of training camp.  Never played a game.  Gurley came here, Kevin Elliott went to Hamilton, Vidal Hazelton went to Edmonton.

Its still a bit baffling how Gurley never managed to even really get into a meaningful game situation.

Just now, Floyd said:

Its still a bit baffling how Gurley never managed to even really get into a meaningful game situation.

Yes it's a bit perplexing how we don't bring in very much and what we do bring in doesn't get to play a lot, if at all.

In the case of Matthews, a Joe Mack find and the 2012 CFL Rookie of the Year, I remember him making a huge impact right away. Big, strong receiver that could go get a ball and was tough to bring down.

4 minutes ago, J5V said:

Yes it's a bit perplexing how we don't bring in very much and what we do bring in doesn't get to play a lot, if at all.

In the case of Matthews, a Joe Mack find and the 2012 CFL Rookie of the Year, I remember him making a huge impact right away. Big, strong receiver that could go get a ball and was tough to bring down.

Well, let them go down with the ship if that's the way they want to do things. If the defence is for real, it will be a shame that they didn't try to load up for stretch run and will be their undoing. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I’m just about over this regime. 

and this scares me. When Mike says he is "just about over this regime" IMHO the Regime needs to take notice. As for me love, the dialogue here - I no longer have any emotional investment in the Bombers but like to discuss the pros and cons. Hard to believe that I use to buy season tickets even though I live in Calgary! It will be interesting to see how the season plays out and where the Bombers land - and given where I believe they will land what changes will take place in the off season in order to get enough folks to buy season tickets for 2019. Hope does spring eternal! 

19 minutes ago, Tracker said:

They had better hope the board of directors feel the same way.

I think with the recent debt buyout of IGF that Miller, Walters and O'Shea are snug as bugs in a rug.