Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

7 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Right, and coaches should be fined too for not challenging it. *sarcasm*

In case you missed it, Wally said he was told by his spotters not to challenge the hit on Lulay.

Wow. Well, sarcasm notwithstanding, I thought it was a league mandate to call all hits to the head and/or hits with the crown of the helmet. The hit on Lulay was both. For it to be ignored by the officials was preposterous and if I was Wally, I'd be asking my spotters what they hell they were looking at. If that play is reviewed, I am 100% convinced it would have resulted in a penalty. I mean, when TSN showed it again in slow mo, it looked like a penalty to me. He used the crown of his helmet, drove it into Lulay's chest and followed through to Lulay's chin. Heck, they could have used that clip as a training video for referees. *sarcasm*

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Manziel starting to chaff, special treatment not special enough, storms on the horizon for Kavis.

Video link.

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/09/13/frustration-growing-for-manziel-in-montreal/

He’s a me guy not a team guy. Doesn’t understand why he hasn’t played since his concussion.. well Johnny.. they’ve won two in a row without you. Just another entitled guy who isn’t willing to put in the work or pay his dues. 

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Manziel starting to chaff, special treatment not special enough, storms on the horizon for Kavis.

Video link.

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/09/13/frustration-growing-for-manziel-in-montreal/

At the beginning of the interview, it sounded like generic "nothing to see hear" kind of stuff. As the interview went on...damn. He's pissed.

41 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

At the beginning of the interview, it sounded like generic "nothing to see hear" kind of stuff. As the interview went on...damn. He's pissed.

To me what he said sounds like what any quarterback would say. They all think they should be the starter. 

That's all he said. 

he's behaved well..... signed in Hamilton, who knows what they told him, not played, traded, to a horrible team, used to sell tickets and jerseys, thrown in with no real preparation, hurt, now backing up...

With all the hoopla over the Jets, the Bombers miserable effort in the last game, will have some people opting to spend their money on the Jets methinks.

Got to stop exuding full confidence in everything off the field,  and start winning some games.

Edited by Mark F

15 hours ago, J5V said:

Wow. Well, sarcasm notwithstanding, I thought it was a league mandate to call all hits to the head and/or hits with the crown of the helmet. The hit on Lulay was both. For it to be ignored by the officials was preposterous and if I was Wally, I'd be asking my spotters what they hell they were looking at. If that play is reviewed, I am 100% convinced it would have resulted in a penalty. I mean, when TSN showed it again in slow mo, it looked like a penalty to me. He used the crown of his helmet, drove it into Lulay's chest and followed through to Lulay's chin. Heck, they could have used that clip as a training video for referees. *sarcasm*

Officials, like the rest of us, are human. Sometimes they miss a call. The official didn't ignore it - he, unfortunately, didn't see it.

5 hours ago, pigseye said:

lol, not pining over them but I wouldn't mind seeing what 4 or 5 international receivers on the field at the same time could do. 

What I don't get, and correct me if I'm wrong about this, but isn't the idea to have both a good running game and a good passing game so that a D has a hard time defending against both? If true, how is that a GM of 5 years tender, plus how ever long he was an assistant GM, can't find these players? Are running backs and receivers that hard to find? Other teams seem to find them.

1 minute ago, J5V said:

What I don't get, and correct me if I'm wrong about this, but isn't the idea to have both a good running game and a good passing game so that a D has a hard time defending against both? If true, how is that a GM of 5 years tender, plus how ever long he was an assistant GM, can't find these players? Are running backs and receivers that hard to find? Other teams seem to find them.

Banjo Bowl, we started 4 nationals on the oline, RB & Safety, is 6, only needed 1 more Nat, Dline, receiver. We could have had 4 or 5 internationals at receiver at the same time. We can't seem to get over our fascination with our nationals? Is it because Walters and MOS feel some sort of twisted loyalty to nationals because they are ones themselves? The reason they can't find those international guys is because they don't want to, they have a hard on for nationals. 

31 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Banjo Bowl, we started 4 nationals on the oline, RB & Safety, is 6, only needed 1 more Nat, Dline, receiver. We could have had 4 or 5 internationals at receiver at the same time. We can't seem to get over our fascination with our nationals? Is it because Walters and MOS feel some sort of twisted loyalty to nationals because they are ones themselves? The reason they can't find those international guys is because they don't want to, they have a hard on for nationals. 

Yes. Yes, that is iexactly it- you brilliant bastard. Now that that's figured out, let's move on.

😀

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

7 hours ago, pigseye said:

lol, not pining over them but I wouldn't mind seeing what 4 or 5 international receivers on the field at the same time could do. 

Why? Our national receivers are probably the second and third best recievers we have until Dressler comes back. 

Elliot & especially Lankford suck.

Edited by Blueandgold

9 hours ago, pigseye said:

To be clear. I'm not laughing with you. I'm laughing at you 😂😂

CFL News  - etc.

Don Unamba - fined for head butting.

👁‍🗨Bombers - ranked 7th in power standings. Seems right.

👁‍🗨Travis Lully thinks he can play again this year. Will he? Should he? Expectation is he will play again this year..The Lions did not put him on the 6 game I.R.

”I can deal with shoulder rehab in my sleep” Travis Lully

👁‍🗨J. Jennings is now the QB. Can he do enough this weekend to beat Hamilton? With that defence, at home, yes.

👁‍🗨Eskimos are treating the last 6 games like they’re playoffs. So should the Bombers.

Bombers Marcus Sayles is not a golfer, but he is looking better and better on defence.

“When we won four games, we weren’t coming in and telling our players how good we are,” Jones said. “And right now, after losing a football game, we’re not coming in and telling our players how bad we are. We need to play good, consistent football and trust the process.” - isn’t this the same thing O’Shea has been saying and gets roasted for?

Worth noting - Saskatchewan enters that game with a league-low 15 offensive touchdowns and a red-zone percentage of 32.0, which is easily the worst in the CFL.

👁‍🗨MISTAKES - capitalized, because they cost the Bombers, what? 3 wins this season?

Milt - TSN asks...whose leash is shorter in Friday’s game - Nichols or Manziel?

True or false? - “We’re a better defence now than we were at the beginning of the year and we want to continue that progression going forward,” Hall said. - Wpg. Sun

It’s possible one of the newcomers — receivers Charles Nelson and Kenny Lawler, or defensive back Boobie Hobbs — will get in the lineup as a primary returner this week.

“We do have the guys, we just need to have it work for us once,” O’Shea said.

Nichols has a quarterback-efficiency rating of 78.9; last year he led the CFL in that department with a rating of 103.8.

Andrew Harris lost the CFL rushing lead during the bye week to Ottawa’s William Powell, who had 148 yards along the ground in the RedBlacks win over Saskatchewan. Powell now leads Harris by 10 yards, at 994 to 984 with both players having six games left this season. - Ed Tait

18 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

CFL News  - etc.

Don Unamba - fined for head butting.

👁‍🗨Bombers - ranked 7th in power standings. Seems right.

👁‍🗨Travis Lully thinks he can play again this year. Will he? Should he? Expectation is he will play again this year..The Lions did not put him on the 6 game I.R.

”I can deal with shoulder rehab in my sleep” Travis Lully

👁‍🗨J. Jennings is now the QB. Can he do enough this weekend to beat Hamilton? With that defence, at home, yes.

👁‍🗨Eskimos are treating the last 6 games like they’re playoffs. So should the Bombers.

Bombers Marcus Sayles is not a golfer, but he is looking better and better on defence.

“When we won four games, we weren’t coming in and telling our players how good we are,” Jones said. “And right now, after losing a football game, we’re not coming in and telling our players how bad we are. We need to play good, consistent football and trust the process.” - isn’t this the same thing O’Shea has been saying and gets roasted for?

Worth noting - Saskatchewan enters that game with a league-low 15 offensive touchdowns and a red-zone percentage of 32.0, which is easily the worst in the CFL.

👁‍🗨MISTAKES - capitalized, because they cost the Bombers, what? 3 wins this season?

Milt - TSN asks...whose leash is shorter in Friday’s game - Nichols or Manziel?

True or false? - “We’re a better defence now than we were at the beginning of the year and we want to continue that progression going forward,” Hall said. - Wpg. Sun

It’s possible one of the newcomers — receivers Charles Nelson and Kenny Lawler, or defensive back Boobie Hobbs — will get in the lineup as a primary returner this week.

“We do have the guys, we just need to have it work for us once,” O’Shea said.

Nichols has a quarterback-efficiency rating of 78.9; last year he led the CFL in that department with a rating of 103.8.

Andrew Harris lost the CFL rushing lead during the bye week to Ottawa’s William Powell, who had 148 yards along the ground in the RedBlacks win over Saskatchewan. Powell now leads Harris by 10 yards, at 994 to 984 with both players having six games left this season. - Ed Tait

I'm beginning to hate the word 'progression'.