Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Why not make an attempt to acquire Rainey....He's sitting on the B.C. bench and is rumoured to be available....At least tell us you made an attempt Walters for cripes sake...We need a returner with some speed not a catch and flop bull$hitter like we have at present...

Not sure how available he actually is/was. Rainey says he's back in the lineup this week & his benching was just an attempt by the coaches to motivate him.

On 2018-09-07 at 8:35 PM, Booch said:

That's just speculation..no cap space and I doubt that's true

"SO JUST STAND THERE, DON'T DO ANYTHING" ... THAT'S WHAT I MEAN ABOUT BEING PASSIVE INSTEAD OF CREATIVE AND PROACTIVE .. Bill Belichick keeps replacing his injured/failing no names with other no mames ... we set our feet in cement on opening day

On 2018-09-11 at 9:53 AM, Stickem said:

Why not make an attempt to acquire Rainey....He's sitting on the B.C. bench and is rumoured to be available....At least tell us you made an attempt Walters for cripes sake...We need a returner with some speed not a catch and flop bull$hitter like we have at present...

Hes a RB. We dont need one

16 hours ago, Goalie said:

Hes a RB. We dont need one

We need anyone that's breathing at the moment....We could've tried to fit him in...BUT I digress....apparently Rainey blew up in the meeting room when someone suggested he NOT try for extra yardage on every play...He said he wasn't built that way and had a run in with Wally...That's the story.....so was he really available as he's listed for their next game...Farhan on the coast said he was headed for the 'available' column but when 5 clubs explored the idea of bringing him in they all said....'too expensive'...Dead issue

On ‎2018‎-‎09‎-‎11 at 8:53 AM, Stickem said:

Again, we don't bring in CFL veteran talent during the season.  As crazy as that is. Other teams sign players & yet we sit pat happy with who we have on the roster. Players get very comfortable playing here.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Do we need one though? Fogg is fine as a punt returner and I don't think we suffer too greatly on kick returns. A returner to me is a luxury item that isn't a high priority to acquire.

receivers are much more important right now.

Great returners cut the field down making it easier for the offense to score. I'd say Rainey would be a major upgrade over Fogg.

24 minutes ago, Ripper said:

You don't get fined for hurting feelings

I'm so waiting for your team to disappoint you like they always do. So, I can laugh the way I did when you had 13 men on the field & lost the Grey Cup. How hurt were your feelings that day? That was maybe the funniest thing I ever saw as a football fan. All the Rider fans that day crying at the end of the game. Awesome!

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Do we need one though? Fogg is fine as a punt returner and I don't think we suffer too greatly on kick returns. A returner to me is a luxury item that isn't a high priority to acquire.

receivers are much more important right now.

The game you play - is an old game - but you play it rather well.