Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

Just now, pigseye said:

No I asked about Winnipeg, the city, didn't reference the Bombers at all. 

Winnipeg gets a bad wrap for being a crime ridden, frozen **** hole. 

I don't think American players even think about that considering the situation in most American cities with crumbling infrastructure, homelessness, guns, high crime, drugs, racism & poverty.  Players that come to Winnipeg feel safe. 

3 hours ago, pigseye said:

3 hours ago, pigseye said:

That's nice but I asked if there was a stigma with players coming to the CFL, not guys who have played in the CFL. 

Well you asked in a post about Posey, a guy returning to the CFL. 

Guys coming to the CFL probably don’t have much idea about most Canadian cities and are on the neg list with no say about where they go. 

20 hours ago, Ripper said:

I wasn't his biggest fan even when he played for us. I am pretty hard on everyone. Not many players become a favorite of mine. I expect to win every game and the cup every year.  Doesn't work out that way

Durants transformation from "better than Lancaster" to "I was never really sure about him" then finally "Duran's a selfish jerk" among priders, virtually overnight, was incredible.

24 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Durants transformation from "better than Lancaster" to "I was never really sure about him" then finally "Duran's a selfish jerk" among priders, virtually overnight, was incredible.

Do you know anything about me?  If you did or have ever followed Riderfans you would know that what I am saying is true.  I can think of a couple half wit Tigercat fans that keep getting banned over there, which one were you?  Because like most you use a different name here.  I use the same name there here and there, and will stand behind anything I have said.  There are other members here that post there also under the same name, I think people appreciate that. 

3 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Do you know anything about me?  If you did or have ever followed Riderfans you would know that what I am saying is true.  I can think of a couple half wit Tigercat fans that keep getting banned over there, which one were you?  Because like most you use a different name here.  I use the same name there here and there, and will stand behind anything I have said.  There are other members here that post there also under the same name, I think people appreciate that. 

Apologies for touching a nerve. It was just an observation.  An accurate one.

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Bleh...guy who fumbles and makes boneheaded decisions multiple times a game.  He can't make enough big plays to make up for the stupidity.  Lankford with more games under his belt.

I don't think we'd get a 3rd rounder for Lankford...

13 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I can't believe they got a 3rd rounder for Jackson.  TBH I think he was about to be cut the week the Argos activated McCluster and then McCluster got injured and Jackson got back on the roster.

I'm not surprised, everyone seems to be putting a premium on internationals this year, it's what the market will bear.