Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

2 hours ago, pigseye said:

Interesting, sounds like they will listen to an offer on just about anyone at this point. 

Since the Blue are so high on Lankford perhaps we should make a deal. I'm sure Wally would bite. What?

17 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Nice cherry picking there. Why don't you take his whole body of work in rebuilding our Canadian depth... cuz it doesn't fit your narrative? 

Walters  has done a fantastic job building our cnd depth.

Not sure why this qualifies as cherry picking? One might expect that the first overall pick is a LOCK to be a front line impact player. As for the other picks listed....well done but I’m sure they align with comparable picks across the league. 

11 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

Not sure why this qualifies as cherry picking? One might expect that the first overall pick is a LOCK to be a front line impact player. As for the other picks listed....well done but I’m sure they align with comparable picks across the league. 

You'd think. But in the CFL that just isn't the case. Mostly because the 1st overall often isn't the most talented. Just the most talented who isn't going south...which often means there is a few years of development a head at best. Though sometimes you get a good one and they play right away. But that's not the norm.

23 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

You'd think. But in the CFL that just isn't the case. Mostly because the 1st overall often isn't the most talented. Just the most talented who isn't going south...which often means there is a few years of development a head at best. Though sometimes you get a good one and they play right away. But that's not the norm.

Josiah St John says hi.