Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

Since Lalama's on Montreal's 6 game injured list, this seemed like the most appropriate thread for this article.

Good to see he's still true to his roots:

When the St. Paul’s Crusaders high school football team kicks off their exhibition schedule on Wednesday, they’ll have a CFLer coaching on the sidelines.

“It’s tough sitting at home watching on TV,” Montreal Alouettes linebacker DJ Lalama said.

It’s been almost three months since Lalama had shoulder surgery after getting injured at Alouettes’ training camp during an intra-squad game.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4415330/dj-lalama-coach-cfl-season-injury/?utm_medium=Twitter&utm_source=%40globalwinnipeg

The Bombers probably aren’t watching the NFL cuts as much as other teams would, they only have Geoff Gray to keep an eye on.

Montreal also only has one player to look at.

By comparison, Ottawa has 3, Toronto has 3, Hamilton has 3, BC has 3, Calgary has 2, Edmonton and Saskatchewan have 7..

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/08/30/tracking-notable-former-cfl-players-south-border/

4 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

The Bombers probably aren’t watching the NFL cuts as much as other teams would, they only have Geoff Gray to keep an eye on.

Montreal also only has one player to look at.

By comparison, Ottawa has 3, Toronto has 3, Hamilton has 3, BC has 3, Calgary has 2, Edmonton and Saskatchewan have 7..

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/08/30/tracking-notable-former-cfl-players-south-border/

But there are plenty of national and international "free agents" that have CFL experience. 

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎28 at 8:15 AM, Booch said:

yeah...he would be that deep guy threat our offence is starving for..and his presence would exponentially allow Adams to light it up...we do have the extra first rounder and all

We always seem to stick with the team we have once mid season arrives. Love to have Burnham trading a first rounder for him but we won't. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

10 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

We need a Don Matthews type for this group. Heck based on Walters issues with international scouting you know who would be a good add? Jim Barker.

Barker has so many contacts in the US. And he drafted well when he was GM with the Stamps & Argos. But Walters is going nowhere. 

3 hours ago, Dirty30 said:

Shocked the hell out of me that they went after Bighill. Burnham would be a player that I would go after hard. I think he would be a difference maker. He would definitely be worth a first pick, especially if the club has 2.

I wouldn't trade a 2019 first rounder for Burnham.  Maybe a 3rd or 4th or conditional pick in 2020.  He's just too much like Adams, spectacular in every sense, in the catches he makes and the ones he drops.

Montreal used their pick in the supplemental so BC's pick will likely be in the top 2, and the Bombers own pick could very well be up there too.  It's a real deep draft class too.  I'd keep the picks if I'm the Bombers.  They really need an impact NI or two on D.

10 hours ago, JCon said:

I think he's making the team. Very strong start to the training camp, then injuries but came back a while ago. If he can tackle/block on special teams, they'll probably keep him. 

Zylstra just scored a nice TD. 

They'll make room for the local kid, if only on the PR.