Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

14 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't understand how offsides cannot be easily called by the command center...  it's a penalty that really has no gray area and should be easy to see from above.

Its also the most common thing that happens on goal line stands. Hard to believe no one even noticed

13 minutes ago, yogi said:

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040/pedersen-starting-to-believe-t-o-will-join-the-riders-no-signing-imminent-1.1154217

Pedersen must be so excited that the Riders have a Head Coach as inept as he is. 

Listening to Pederson makes you just want to stab yourself in the temple with something sharp...guys just a major tool

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Why would anybody want a 44 year old wr, who will be 45 later in the year, who hasn't played since 2011 in the Indoor Pro League and who did a TC in 2012?

Someone who is trying to raise his profile in preparation for his next job search? I suspect that Jones senses that the wolves are beginning to circle.

12 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Someone who is trying to raise his profile in preparation for his next job search? I suspect that Jones senses that the wolves are beginning to circle.

I think it was a move to show some fans that he is "connected" in the business and can call of Hall of Fame players just to hold off the inevitable wave of discontent. I doubt TO will suit up. After all how many coaches/ general managers get to quit on their terms. By being greedy and taking so many jobs Jones has made just by probability theory a high chance of not succeeding at one of his many jobs. 

18 hours ago, Mark H. said:

You’re trying too hard - he’s 44. He would more than likely get injured very quickly. 

He might. Though he only missed a significant portion of time once in his entire career. George foreman re captured the heavy weight title at 45 years old. And he took greater damage then TO imo. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

He might. Though he only missed a significant portion of time once in his entire career. George foreman re captured the heavy weight title at 45 years old. And he took greater damage then TO imo. 

Football players move slightly faster then 265 pound boxers.  

9 hours ago, Booch said:

Listening to Pederson makes you just want to stab yourself in the temple with something sharp...guys just a major tool

He's also got the most punchable face ive ever come across in all my years on this earth. It really makes you appreciate Bob Irving even more(if thats possible) after listening to that idiot. Which is something i can no longer bring myself to do. As soon as i hear him on 1290 or wherever else(no idea why anyone even bothers asking his opinion on anything CFL related seeing as every word that comes out of his mouth is green diarrhea nonsense), i instantly turn the station. We truly dont know how lucky we are. Bob is so even keel and always maintains his impartiality no matter what the circumstance. Braindead fanboy Pedersen doesnt have an impartial thought or bone in his body. Surprised he doesnt walk the earth with green pompoms at all times.

13 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

He's also got the most punchable face ive ever come across in all my years on this earth. It really makes you appreciate Bob Irving even more(if thats possible) after listening to that idiot. Which is something i can no longer bring myself to do. As soon as i hear him on 1290 or wherever else(no idea why anyone even bothers asking his opinion on anything CFL related seeing as every word that comes out of his mouth is green diarrhea nonsense), i instantly turn the station. We truly dont know how lucky we are. Bob is so even keel and always maintains his impartiality no matter what the circumstance. Braindead fanboy Pedersen doesnt have an impartial thought or bone in his body. Surprised he doesnt walk the earth with green pompoms at all times.

He is sickening.  And nobody is allowed to call him out on his bs either.  But he fits in well with that fan base as most of them are exactly the same.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Why does cfl.ca have Nye write the weekly prediction article? Worst record of all the predictors, mediocre writer and a Rider homer.

Are there any members of the Saskatchewan media who could not be described that way? He’s better than Pedersen who he replaced after Pedersen even further off the deep end last(?) season.

8 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

Are there any members of the Saskatchewan media who could not be described that way? He’s better than Pedersen who he replaced after Pedersen even further off the deep end last(?) season.

Saying a writer is better than Pedersen is like saying a person is the shortest midget.

53 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

Vanstone and McCormick, who both write for the Regina Leader-Post, come across as pretty even keeled in their articles. Both easily put Nye and Pederson to shame, but especially the latter.

21 hours ago, Brandon said:

Football players move slightly faster then 265 pound boxers.  

Boxers are among the best conditioned athletes when it comes to violent sports. And boxing is more reliant on fast twitch type actions then half the positions in football.

He claimed he still ran a 4.4 ish recently. Sure I dont expect him to be crazy fast by any means. How fast is JFG though? We have seen some pretty slow wrs. The point is, his skill level is soo high that if sharp he could easily over come being slow. Nik lewis wasnt fast since he got stuck at the all you can eat buffet for an entire year, but he sure was effective. Im not saying he would be instantly good, or great. Merely that giving him a look is not a bad idea by any means. 

19 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Boxers are among the best conditioned athletes when it comes to violent sports. And boxing is more reliant on fast twitch type actions then half the positions in football.

He claimed he still ran a 4.4 ish recently. Sure I dont expect him to be crazy fast by any means. How fast is JFG though? We have seen some pretty slow wrs. The point is, his skill level is soo high that if sharp he could easily over come being slow. Nik lewis wasnt fast since he got stuck at the all you can eat buffet for an entire year, but he sure was effective. Im not saying he would be instantly good, or great. Merely that giving him a look is not a bad idea by any means. 

The hits hurt more as you get older. The joints have been abused longer. I just can't see the motivation for TO. There is just not the exposure he needs to breathe. Publicity vampires have to be attached to an ESPN reporter to survive.

16 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

The hits hurt more as you get older. The joints have been abused longer. I just can't see the motivation for TO. There is just not the exposure he needs to breathe. Publicity vampires have to be attached to an ESPN reporter to survive.

Hey if he can come back, lets start a petition to bring back #85!

11 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Hey if he can come back, lets start a petition to bring back #85!

No. I don't want him to ruin his legacy.

28 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Exactly. Great he can run fast and still catch. Can he take a hit and get back up? Or hold on to the ball? Can he do it for 9 games? I honestly hope the riders sign him, so we can all find out. Because I think he will be a complete joke in the locker room and a bust on the field.

10 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Now that first part is pure truth. Totally agree. Motivation? Some guys especially the ever prepared types have a harder time now playing then living life. If it isn't that then yeah I can't see why he'd come to the cfl. It might just be a shot at the NFL to go with not going to his hof ceremony.