Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

It’s not easy to pull off what Billy Van did..playing all those characters, but he did it in a competent fashion. It was a Canadian production and there’s even talk of re-booting the show. - “In 2018, the production company Headspinner announced that it had acquired licensing and merchandising rights to the series, and was exploring the possibility of creating a new reboot.”

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎05 at 7:15 PM, JuranBoldenRules said:

At this point does anyone understand what the hell Jones is doing?  Even if a 44 year old Terrell Owens could play a little bit he can’t play well enough to be worth the distraction he will cause.  Why even waste time on this?  

Many fans asking the same question.  Especially when Rob Bagg and Bakari Grant were deemed too old.  Young mans game Jones said. 

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎03 at 9:09 AM, 17to85 said:

All the Edmonton receivers are allowed to push off. Actually it's not just Edmonton receivers, it's all large receivers. They can do whatever they want to DBs and it's totally OK. Manny Arceneaux is another guy that gets half his yards from push offs. 

They even mentioned on tv during the game that Edmonton practices throwing the 50/50 balls.  Why wouldn't they when they can get away with it. Walker pushes off Gainey for the TD and then makes a throat slash gesture. No one seen a thing. 

10 hours ago, Ripper said:

They even mentioned on tv during the game that Edmonton practices throwing the 50/50 balls.  Why wouldn't they when they can get away with it. Walker pushes off Gainey for the TD and then makes a throat slash gesture. No one seen a thing. 

That push was right on the border of what I'd consider offensive pi. I'd be made if it happened against us though...

11 hours ago, Ripper said:

Many fans asking the same question.  Especially when Rob Bagg and Bakari Grant were deemed too old.  Young mans game Jones said. 

To certainly wont be at his best. But to be fair, id take him over a lot of the available air lift rookies from down south. The guy has tremendous work ethic, he prepares and gets what it takes mentally, technique is on point. You could reasonable expect him to know the playbook in a few weeks and execute every route at a high level. Imo the vast majority of wrs that never cut it as pros lack the work ethic and football iq. Every one looks at measurables and athletics but if you lack the pro mind set and work ethic it doesnt matter. 

Now he is a head case, and could easily and quickly become cancerous in the locker room.  But its never stopped jones before. For a team like us it wouldnt make sense. For a fist full of other teams in the league I can see it. 

41 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

That push was right on the border of what I'd consider offensive pi. I'd be made if it happened against us though...

I really hate how much WRs get away with compared to the kids gloves DBs are forced to wear. 

50 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I rarely ever complain about a penalty called against us. Once a guy calms down for a minute and thinks about it, they are usually legit.  What drives me up the wall are the non calls that go against us in our opponents favor. 2 phantom UR calls on punt returns against us.  The entire Esks dline a mile offside twice on the goalline stand. Sewell was in Rider backfield when ball was snapped ffs. The reversed call on the td was a back breaker for us.  Personally don't think he was in.  That doesn't matter, the call on the field was td and there was clearly no overwhelming evidence to overturn that call. Its not the Rider fault they f'd the call the first time.  You can't overturn it unless the proof is on film, it was not.  Lastly, the Eskimo receivers pushing off game after game and no call for it.  Watch them in their next game, they do it all the time

23 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

To certainly wont be at his best. But to be fair, id take him over a lot of the available air lift rookies from down south. The guy has tremendous work ethic, he prepares and gets what it takes mentally, technique is on point. You could reasonable expect him to know the playbook in a few weeks and execute every route at a high level. Imo the vast majority of wrs that never cut it as pros lack the work ethic and football iq. Every one looks at measurables and athletics but if you lack the pro mind set and work ethic it doesnt matter. 

Now he is a head case, and could easily and quickly become cancerous in the locker room.  But its never stopped jones before. For a team like us it wouldnt make sense. For a fist full of other teams in the league I can see it. 

You’re trying too hard - he’s 44. He would more than likely get injured very quickly. 

10 hours ago, Ripper said:

I rarely ever complain about a penalty called against us. Once a guy calms down for a minute and thinks about it, they are usually legit.  What drives me up the wall are the non calls that go against us in our opponents favor. 2 phantom UR calls on punt returns against us.  The entire Esks dline a mile offside twice on the goalline stand. Sewell was in Rider backfield when ball was snapped ffs. The reversed call on the td was a back breaker for us.  Personally don't think he was in.  That doesn't matter, the call on the field was td and there was clearly no overwhelming evidence to overturn that call. Its not the Rider fault they f'd the call the first time.  You can't overturn it unless the proof is on film, it was not.  Lastly, the Eskimo receivers pushing off game after game and no call for it.  Watch them in their next game, they do it all the time

You could see the ball behind where the line was and the knee down. 

yeah watched it several times...you clearly see the ball and the point where the knee touches down..all the claims that you couldn't see the ball at all are B.S...First time I watched the reply during the game I said that he was down....and the fact the live mic on the sideline actually caught Watford saying he was down prior to crossing the line is just more confirmation the Command Center made the right call.

The Harris TD against Montreal was called right as well....hard to tell if knee touched before he crossed as one angle it looked like it may have...and one angle looked like it didn't...so inconclusive means you can't over turn

11 hours ago, Ripper said:

I don't understand how offsides cannot be easily called by the command center...  it's a penalty that really has no gray area and should be easy to see from above.