Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

59 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yeah- you guys can have the Sask O, Sask ST and Wpg D- we'll take the rest. 

Our receivers are a big upgrade over yours in case you didn't see Bowman and Dressler not getting open and Adams and Demski dropping passes last week.  I'll also take Bighill from defense, he is a slight upgrade from Hurl

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Anyone can just toss it up to those receivers. And their Defence is going to run wild on Matthews. I'm expecting this game to be over midway through the 2nd Q.

Not quite that simple as just tossing it up to the receivers. Look at our receivers and how we are still struggling on offense.  Montreal will lose the game, but it won't be a blowout.  They will bring pressure at Arbuckle, he isn't going to scare anyone. I could see him dishing up some INT's.  He isn't going to command the respect that BLM does from the opposition.  Calgary is going to have to run the ball.  We will see how awesome their Oline is when everyone knows its a run play. I'm looking forward to this game

5 minutes ago, Ripper said:

We have 8 just by ourselves,  LOL

xD Normally its LBers for us but we have an embarrassment of wealth on the DL. Hughes is the best of the two groups, but jeffcoat and ogopogo are 1b and 1c. Jefferson is a freak too. 

48 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Our receivers are a big upgrade over yours in case you didn't see Bowman and Dressler not getting open and Adams and Demski dropping passes last week.  I'll also take Bighill from defense, he is a slight upgrade from Hurl

Nah- I still prefer our O over yours. 

No, no, no... Hurl is yours- Karma dictates it. 

2 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

More like he's wondering why they didn't find a way to pay Bighill what he's worth.

Manny looks old and slow. There's the Money for Bighill right there.  Grabbing Bighill was a hell of a good move for you guys.  He is a great player and a warrior

Edited by Ripper

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

If you count carter as a wr you do have the edge in terms of talent. However our NI talent at the position and depth are superior. It wasnt just demski struggling bringing them in, and that happens. Its especially prone to happening when a qb changes happens. A huge difference exists in catching balls from one qb to another. Bowman should be shown the door. But With the mental problem that is carter, dressler + adams + our depth id keep our wrs over trading them all straight up for the riders wrs. 

Bighill, jsk and mo as our 3 from the bc games all upgrades. Randle as well. 

Not sure how to imbed the tweet from the side bar but 3Down Nation reporting that Jones lost it on the crew at practice today.

http://3downnation.com/2018/07/17/davis-no-reinforcements-chris-jones-turns-riot-act-motivate-riders/

I don't know who this Darrell Davis guy that has been covering the Riders for 20 years is but there is no way he grew up in Sask.

In four games Saskatchewan’s offence has scored four touchdowns. Thigpen’s major rewarded an excellent performance by Saskatchewan’s defence and special teams, but hasn’t assuaged concern for an offence missing its starting quarterback (Zach Collaros, who has a concussion) and inexplicably alternates journeyman Brandon Bridge and rookie David Watford in his stead.

That use is language and grammar is just unheard of in the gap.

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

Not quite that simple as just tossing it up to the receivers. Look at our receivers and how we are still struggling on offense.  Montreal will lose the game, but it won't be a blowout.  They will bring pressure at Arbuckle, he isn't going to scare anyone. I could see him dishing up some INT's.  He isn't going to command the respect that BLM does from the opposition.  Calgary is going to have to run the ball.  We will see how awesome their Oline is when everyone knows its a run play. I'm looking forward to this game

I'm taking Cgy receivers especially if they have Rogers in the line up over any other core in the league. So I think it would legit be as easy as tossing it up, both because I honestly think they are that good, and MTL is that bad. Saying that, say the Cgy O isn't clicking, it will still be a blow out cause that CGY D is gonna put up 21 points lol. K maybe not as I see Matthews is out and I think Adams will do better than he would have. But short of Flutie going back in time to his 30 yr old self and joining the Als, CGY is going stomp them.

2 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Not sure how to imbed the tweet from the side bar but 3Down Nation reporting that Jones lost it on the crew at practice today.

http://3downnation.com/2018/07/17/davis-no-reinforcements-chris-jones-turns-riot-act-motivate-riders/

I don't know who this Darrell Davis guy that has been covering the Riders for 20 years is but there is no way he grew up in Sask.

In four games Saskatchewan’s offence has scored four touchdowns. Thigpen’s major rewarded an excellent performance by Saskatchewan’s defence and special teams, but hasn’t assuaged concern for an offence missing its starting quarterback (Zach Collaros, who has a concussion) and inexplicably alternates journeyman Brandon Bridge and rookie David Watford in his stead.

That use is language and grammar is just unheard of in the gap.

I'm sure that the homework hotline in Regina was very busy today. And a few dictionaries were sold.

14 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm taking Cgy receivers especially if they have Rogers in the line up over any other core in the league. So I think it would legit be as easy as tossing it up, both because I honestly think they are that good, and MTL is that bad. Saying that, say the Cgy O isn't clicking, it will still be a blow out cause that CGY D is gonna put up 21 points lol. K maybe not as I see Matthews is out and I think Adams will do better than he would have. But short of Flutie going back in time to his 30 yr old self and joining the Als, CGY is going stomp them.

Well, I just might have to tune into this game after all.  While I certainly think having Claybrooks's defense on the field gives the Stampeders a big edge, no BLM means their usually unstoppable O has been neutered.  And Adams has been overdue to make his start for MTL as he is 1000x better than the awful 2 dudes who've been starting in front of him.

Im going to bet Willy and Matthews never get playing time again in MTL if Adams stays healthy.

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

Typical Regina native blind as a bat

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Calgary, edm for the top end wrs bc sask and mtl are in similar boats under that. Its a pick em imo. All three wr cores have suffered at the hands of sub par qbing. Id edge bc to the bottom of that stack. Personally, bj Cunningham ernest jackson and chris williams are guys you win with today. Carter, holley and naaman are guys who probably have their best seasons a head of them. 

Id take darvin adams and dressler this year over two of the top three guys from mtl and sask. The third man is what puts us out of that tier. But our ni depth is what puts us at the top of the third tier of talent. Hammer is right there too. But I think their system inflates the stats and the talent of that core isnt as great as it seems. I wouldnt argue with any one who puts hamilton above us though. 

2 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Well, I just might have to tune into this game after all.  While I certainly think having Claybrooks's defense on the field gives the Stampeders a big edge, no BLM means their usually unstoppable O has been neutered.  And Adams has been overdue to make his start for MTL as he is 1000x better than the awful 2 dudes who've been starting in front of him.

Im going to bet Willy and Matthews never get playing time again in MTL if Adams stays healthy.

willy has been announced as starter again. I guess that means he is healthy ish. I wouldnt throw adams to the wolves behind that OL. Adams with those Wrs and the talent on D could really turn them around. If they had an OL. And if adams pans out. 

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Willy has been announced as starter again. I guess that means he is healthy ish.

God what a ridiculous and dumb move that is by the Als.  No wonder they don't win football games anymore cuz they let their star QB sit on the bench while playing the duds.