Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

7 hours ago, BBRT said:

My favorite stop during my tours of SW Saskatchewan was "Yellow Grass Sask" and yes what grass i saw was yellow!

That's what you get when you don't have indoor plumbing. Especially hard on the female population there.

1 hour ago, blueingreenland said:

Estevan...has the highest income per capita in Canada

some more Saskatchewan trivia...

(if I keep this up somebody may accuse me of being a Rider fan...may it never be!)

oil town. Small area, mainly oil workers and support. 

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

It gets dam hot down here in the SE in the summer

South side of the prairies can be just awful in summer and in winter. But once youve worked welding in a sea can, operating a burn oven or in most shops every thing out side is meh.  

4 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

That’s also coal country & surrounded by decent farmland. 

coal has been flirting with a real come back over seas, if not more then flirting. Farmland in canada isnt nearly what it is down in the states but it the gross numbers do inflate the view a bit. 

17 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

oil town. Small area, mainly oil workers and support. 

South side of the prairies can be just awful in summer and in winter. But once youve worked welding in a sea can, operating a burn oven or in most shops every thing out side is meh.  

I work the oil patch.

52 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Canadian Farm income is a higher percentage of GDP and it is higher per capita. 

cant compare percentages of income with a country where one state has more people then all of our country. the subsidies make farming in the US drastically more profitable. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

cant compare percentages of income with a country where one state has more people then all of our country. the subsidies make farming in the US drastically more profitable. 

Wrong thread for this discussion - but you are not quite correct. 

Games for this week ... 

I'm going to say TiCats get the revenge on SSK 23-10.  Bridge is under fire at THF.

Could be a good shootout brewing in Ottawa Friday night.  Redbacks take it 37-27.

Then after we have our fun filled action in BMI ... The dumpster fire takes full force in MTL at CGY.  Kavis Reed goes trotting out Matthews again.  I could see this becoming a repeat of that 59-1 beatdown that got put on Hamilton last year.  It's too bad the Als fans have already stopped caring or they could get Reed fired and Willy and Matthews tossed off the team.  Sorry, but I really believe it is the front office and Andrew Wettenhall calling the shots on this team with Mike Sherman being nothing more than a figurehead.

17 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Yes, I say the Riders lose BIG in kitty cat land on Thursday...

...and with a Rider loss I will finally start to feel a little better after that debacle we witnessed on Saturday night.

With the way your defense is playing, I'd be more worried about your game with Toronto.