Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

13 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Why are we scared of Edmonton? They got lucky to come out of here with a win in Strevlers first career start. 

Agreed, and there seems to be something off about the Esks this year. Not quite the juggernaut of the past couple of years.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

try Estevan some time.  There is only one set of teeth in that entire town...

My favorite stop during my tours of SW Saskatchewan was "Yellow Grass Sask" and yes what grass i saw was yellow!

17 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Bombers could win the cup and everyone would still down play them. They don't get no respect ever. Truly they are the middle child of cfl teams.

I disagree.. I think its more to do with the years of failing to do anything, with sprinkles of strong teams that don't win the cup.

I mean, I think we have a very strong team, but i don't expect people to respect us or give us credit when we have flamed out in the playoffs when we have made it.

Essentialy, having a good team means nothing if you can make it to the grey cup or win it. 

4 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Considering almost every player already has a university degree, its nice that the new league will actually teach them how to read and write

Well, some of those degrees.... We also don't know if some of those players who got degrees actually did their essays or wrote their finals 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, some of those degrees.... We also don't know if some of those players who got degrees actually did their essays or wrote their finals 

That's what I was getting at.  It was a misguided attempt at humor 

8 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Considering almost every player already has a university degree, its nice that the new league will actually teach them how to read and write

A lot don’t they leave after there junior year. Or would want to pursue a graduate degree.

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Bottom line is the salary cap has to go up more at the entry level than the top. As well as the total amount. But as I've said in the past Canadian OL run the CFLPA.  They are always overpaid so why would they care?? 

One of the former Linemen in question is running the league now

4 hours ago, BBRT said:

My favorite stop during my tours of SW Saskatchewan was "Yellow Grass Sask" and yes what grass i saw was yellow!

Yellow Grass...town where the hottest temperature ever recorded in Canada was...I believe it was 113 Fahrenheit

just a bit of Saskatchewan trivia for ya

Edited by blueingreenland