Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

3 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

I've been to Regina.  I can understand why jail might seem preferable.

Easy now there cowboy.  I have also visited Winnipeg. We doctor there with my son.  It has its moments in certain areas

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

Easy now there cowboy.  I have also visited Winnipeg. We doctor there with my son.  It has its moments in certain areas

I'm suggesting that there are places more preferable than Regina.  Jail, a desert island, the edge of an active volcano and a leper colony come to mind... 

14 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah you do have a tendancy to downplay what the Bombers accomplish. The Bombers haven't taken down any titans, but they did quite convincingly kick the **** out of BC and Montreal, as in the game from start to finish was never in doubt. There's winning by a little against bad teams and then there is clearly showing you are better than those shitty teams which the Bombers did.

We didn't have Nichols until last game. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

good teams beat the also rans...The Bombers whalloped the also rans...I'd say that the Bombers, especially now with their QB back have to be considered one of the top 2-3 teams league wide...a soild win this weekend should solidify that notion

Getting there but until we can hang a win against Calgary and Edmonton not going to go there just yet.

21 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

We won the season series against Edmonton last year but you are right about Calgary.

Sure, but it meant little to nothing after that playoff loss.

19 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

We don't need to beat Calgary until November.

Maybe. It would help to beat them at least once during the season, though.

5 hours ago, BBRT said:

Getting there but until we can hang a win against Calgary and Edmonton not going to go there just yet.

We beat Calgary with Lafavour last year.

Edmonton is beatable, just win a couple of the 50/50 jump balls Riley always lays up...

Any team is beatable by any other, this year already shows that. Its all about the momentum.

1 hour ago, Jerry1377 said:

We beat Calgary with Lafavour last year.

Edmonton is beatable, just win a couple of the 50/50 jump balls Riley always lays up...

Any team is beatable by any other, this year already shows that. Its all about the momentum.

Calgary was home and cooled waiting for the playoffs in that game..it was a nothing game for them. We gotta beat some good teams to get the respect...but I'd rather wait for the playoffs to knock off these teams. Just get us there baby and if we stay healthy i think we have as good a chance as any team to win it all...

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Bombers could win the cup and everyone would still down play them. They don't get no respect ever. Truly they are the middle child of cfl teams.

But just think of the weeping and gnashing of teeth that some our fans here would have if they couldn't ***** at the end of the year.   God, that would be fun to see.

3 hours ago, bb1 said:

Calgary was home and cooled waiting for the playoffs in that game..it was a nothing game for them. We gotta beat some good teams to get the respect...but I'd rather wait for the playoffs to knock off these teams. Just get us there baby and if we stay healthy i think we have as good a chance as any team to win it all...

Except that "any team" doesn't have Richie Hall, we do, and as long as we do, we don't have "as good a chance as any team to win it all". We have a poorer chance, as evidenced by the Edmonton game last year and the BC game the year before. I dont think there's a single OC in the league that thinks "Oh, oh! I have to scheme for Richie Hall's defense". I think they're smacking their lips at the prospect. Other coordinators may respect our players but that's as far as it goes. Richie Hall doesn't scare anyone.