Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Are the Riders the 2nd worse? Hard to figure that team out. I think a lot of their problems stem from Chris Jones. 

Not their ultra bad OL or well below average QBing? Sorry but the Riders are right there with the Als as the two teams I would pick least likely to turn it around this season. It's tough to fix a bad OL during the season. I can see the RIders defence winning them a few games that they don't deserve but they will finish well below .500. It's not sustainable to keep your defence on the field as much as both these teams are. They will wear out and injuries will pile up.

Edited by gcn11

33 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The 2 worst teams in the league right now are BC and Montreal. The Riders are a surprising .500.

Playing nothing but eastern teams so far.... Make no mistake they're trash. They barely squeaked past the Argos who followed up that game with a **** kicking at the hands of Calgary and they barely squeaked past the ticats on the strength of basically 2 or 3 big plays on offense and unsustainable defense. Other than that they got stomped by Ottawa and lost to Montreal. Make no mistake they are a trash teir team that might fluke out a few wins but are no real threat. 

41 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Playing nothing but eastern teams so far.... Make no mistake they're trash. They barely squeaked past the Argos who followed up that game with a **** kicking at the hands of Calgary and they barely squeaked past the ticats on the strength of basically 2 or 3 big plays on offense and unsustainable defense. Other than that they got stomped by Ottawa and lost to Montreal. Make no mistake they are a trash teir team that might fluke out a few wins but are no real threat. 

I agree that they haven't beaten any good teams, but then again, neither have the Bombers.

23 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I agree that they haven't beaten any good teams, but then again, neither have the Bombers.

Yeah you do have a tendancy to downplay what the Bombers accomplish. The Bombers haven't taken down any titans, but they did quite convincingly kick the **** out of BC and Montreal, as in the game from start to finish was never in doubt. There's winning by a little against bad teams and then there is clearly showing you are better than those shitty teams which the Bombers did.

26 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

And the Bombers haven't lost to a pitiful Als team or have an offence that is absolutely horrid. Whether or not anyone likes it, the CFL is an offensive driven league. The RIders have not shown they can produce enough offence to win consistently. Defence will win you championships in November, but they won't get you into the playoffs when the weather is good.

Edited by gcn11

Riders are lucky to have 2 wins...and yeah..are in the bottom 2 teams in the league. No QB..No O-line and NO depth...a good defense, but are an injury away from trouble ans well as ratio hell.

T.O most likely beats them if Trestman challenged the pick 6...and they have scored what??..4 TD's on offence all year???...and the 2 main things to fix there to rectify that..QB and O-line are the toughest to do...especially in mid season.

We beat the teams we were supposed to (Mtl and Bc) and anyone with any intelligence will admit we would have beaten Edm with Nichols, and most likely Ham too. 

46 minutes ago, Ripper said:

What a coincidence that these are your two wins..  Riders are a surprise to you, we should be 3-1

You guys should be 1-3. You had no business winning that game last week and defences rarely create win streaks by themselves. Your offence is an abomination. Your team looks exactly like the 2014 Bombers right now. Bridge=Justin Goltz

Edited by gcn11

12 hours ago, Booch said:

Cant be too out of line to say Montreal and Sask are arguably the 2 worst teams in the league at this point

And for pretty much the same reasons: questionable coaching and management. quarterbacking that is more theoretical than real, and low overall talent, although Montreal looks to have better NI players. Can't be too much fun to be a player or fan of either team these days, but Rider fans would rather have their fingernails pulled out slowly with  hot tongs than admit it. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Riders are lucky to have 2 wins...and yeah..are in the bottom 2 teams in the league. No QB..No O-line and NO depth...a good defense, but are an injury away from trouble ans well as ratio hell.

T.O most likely beats them if Trestman challenged the pick 6...and they have scored what??..4 TD's on offence all year???...and the 2 main things to fix there to rectify that..QB and O-line are the toughest to do...especially in mid season.

We beat the teams we were supposed to (Mtl and Bc) and anyone with any intelligence will admit we would have beaten Edm with Nichols, and most likely Ham too. 

4-0.  You have lots of rum in the koolaid today.  I'll be watching to see you guys go undefeated the rest of the way, now that Nichols is back and all.  I guess you are planning on outscoring everyone. Your defense gave up almost 1000 yards in your two loses

4 minutes ago, Ripper said:

4-0.  You have lots of rum in the koolaid today.  I'll be watching to see you guys go undefeated the rest of the way, now that Nichols is back and all.  I guess you are planning on outscoring everyone. Your defense gave up almost 1000 yards in your two loses

It's worked for years.

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It's worked for years.

I think you have a solid team. A team that doesn't make a lot of mistakes and is well coached. Your defense is going to have to be a lot better against the "good teams" for you to be a cup contender. 

18 minutes ago, Ripper said:

you think we would have lost against edm if we had our starter in there?..when a raw rookie still wearing his Universality undies almost did?...

And your offence has scored 4 TD's all year...you plan on holding every team to under 15 points all year...just for a "chance" to maybe win??...highly doubtful

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah you do have a tendancy to downplay what the Bombers accomplish. The Bombers haven't taken down any titans, but they did quite convincingly kick the **** out of BC and Montreal, as in the game from start to finish was never in doubt. There's winning by a little against bad teams and then there is clearly showing you are better than those shitty teams which the Bombers did.

I'm not downplaying the Bombers accomplishments or suggesting that the Riders are on the same level as us. I'm saying that we haven't beaten anyone of note yet, just the bottom two teams in the league. You're the one saying the Riders are crappy because they've only beaten eastern teams, yet we couldn't beat Hammy and they did.

Edited by TBURGESS

6 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm not downplaying the Bombers accomplishments or suggesting that the Riders are on the same level as us. I'm saying that we haven't beaten anyone of note yet, just the bottom two teams in the league. You're the one saying the Riders are crappy because they've only beaten eastern teams, yet we couldn't beat Hammy and they did.

If the bombers got a linebacker from Hamiton, I am sure they would have won. if the bombers had their number one quarterback in the game it might have been quite different too.

25 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

because wins and losses are only part of the picture, how you look in a game matters too and the RIders have looked like hot garbage all year regardless of having 2 wins. Garbage team that is only going to get worse when they run into injuries as the season progresses because their depth is complete and utter trash, especially if it's a Canadian that gets hurt. 

37 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

"I'm saying that we haven't beaten anyone of note yet, just the bottom two teams in the league". = downplaying the Bombers accomplishments

" the Riders are crappy because they've only beaten eastern teams, yet we couldn't beat Hammy and they did." = suggesting that the Riders are on the same level.

I even colour coded it for ease of understanding...

2dqwqg.jpg

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

We lost to Hamilton with our backup QB and it wasn't a close game. The Riders won a close game against Hamilton with their backup QB. Does that make them bad and us good? Nope. Does that make them good and us bad? Nope.

I called the Riders a surprising 2-2. I haven't predicted any of their games right this year. I have called all 4 of the Bomber games right. That makes them an unsurprising 2-2 at least to me.

W's are the way everyone keeps track. Winning by big margins doesn't give you any more W's or any more points in the standings. We are equal in the standings. Does that make us equal teams? Nope.

Going forward, baring injuries, I expect that we will win more games than the Riders do because I think we are the better team, but that doesn't change the fact that the Riders right now are not one of the 2 worst teams in the league. 

DAFUQ Wanna? No the first statements aren't equal and neither are the second statements.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

you think we would have lost against edm if we had our starter in there?..when a raw rookie still wearing his Universality undies almost did?...

And your offence has scored 4 TD's all year...you plan on holding every team to under 15 points all year...just for a "chance" to maybe win??...highly doubtful

As far as us. We need some resemblance of a offense or it will be a long year. Pretty happy with how our defense has played so far.  

As far as Bombers go, I know you are very knowledgeable about football. Changing one player doesn't change everything. Its impossible to say that. Maybe Nichols doesn't throw the 2 INT's that your rookie did? I like your chances better with Nichols playing that's for sure.  Its a bit hypocritical to say that you would have won with your starter playing but then laugh at the Riders even though our starter is hurt too. You don't think we would have beat Montreal if Collaros was playing??  I get it that this is a Bomber site, but lets be a bit objective

Edited by Ripper