Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

What I just can't believe is that Kavis was literally in the middle of the Mack no QB era in Winnipeg and yet somehow still fell for the same advice...  I have to blame this on Mack - he must have sold Kavis hard on his NFL QB retreads...

8 minutes ago, Floyd said:

What I just can't believe is that Kavis was literally in the middle of the Mack no QB era in Winnipeg and yet somehow still fell for the same advice...  I have to blame this on Mack - he must have sold Kavis hard on his NFL QB retreads...

More likely there's just a complete lack of options out there for qbs. I mean look at what we were left with when Nichols for hurt and Durant called it a day. Had to bank on a rookie cause there's no one to bring in. I know some people think Adams is hot **** but he's already washed out of several places, including Montreal so he's hardly worthwhile. 

And further more, when Mack first got here do we not remember that he went out and got both Pierce and Jyles? Guy tried the CFL experience route, but Jyles wasn't worth much and Pierce was broken. 

19 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Matthews is terrible.  He doesn't take risks, he barely throws downfield.  He's got one of the lowest yards per completion rates in the history of CFL quarterbacking.  He stinks.

Aside from the 2 - 3 bombs he placed downfield in his last game?   I'm not saying the guy is anything great but at this point in time he's better then Willy. 

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

They did better then the riders did imo. Als took a long shot on freeman but its once of those low risk high reward moves. same with willy. those two fail you arent ruined. the riders are in serious trouble with collaros. The als also got vernon adams back. At this point in time jones is a bigger gong show and costing his team more then kavis. Which I didnt think would be possible this year. 

I think we will still see a fair bit of re shuffling of qbs this year / next year. Not gonna be a ton of great options but we will see some options league wide. 

I think collaros ends up waived and backing up some place. Maybe backs up franklin back in to. I dont think masoli and manziel will stay in a log jam. And I dont think jennings will be in bc this time next year. And now with nubrady, we probably fill the role the esks had the last few years with streveler. 

22 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

http://3downnation.com/2018/07/05/rider-fan-calls-post-game-radio-show-loses-damn-mind/#comments

Click on the link to listen to a Rider fan lose his mind On Air.  LOL!!

panic mode engaged. couple more weeks and the fire jones bandwagon will be in high gear once again. 

14 hours ago, wbbfan said:

They did better then the riders did imo. Als took a long shot on freeman but its once of those low risk high reward moves. same with willy. those two fail you arent ruined. the riders are in serious trouble with collaros. The als also got vernon adams back. At this point in time jones is a bigger gong show and costing his team more then kavis. Which I didnt think would be possible this year. 

I think we will still see a fair bit of re shuffling of qbs this year / next year. Not gonna be a ton of great options but we will see some options league wide. 

I think collaros ends up waived and backing up some place. Maybe backs up franklin back in to. I dont think masoli and manziel will stay in a log jam. And I dont think jennings will be in bc this time next year. And now with nubrady, we probably fill the role the esks had the last few years with streveler. 

panic mode engaged. couple more weeks and the fire jones bandwagon will be in high gear once again. 

Hold the phones. He's back to genius mode. Ugh. 

4 hours ago, bustamente said:

New month so the Als will be rocking these

DhMNQJeWAAAgzYe.jpg

that is gross. 

14 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Hold the phones. He's back to genius mode. Ugh. 

🤣 give it time. i think jones time is over in riderville after this year.

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎08 at 11:26 AM, USABomberfan said:

Week 4 in the books ... And now week 5 features all the good teams with no bad ones playing.  MTL, SSK and Ham are all on bye.

Do you mean the Hamilton team that hung 470 yards of offense against you?