Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

11 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah in the draft next year we will have 2 picks in the first round where there will only be 8 picks in the round..so for us that's a pretty sweet deal.

Over last 3 years..and with next year we will have built some nice depth and talent via the draft and not had to overpay for free agents.

Can we draft a Defensive Coordinator ? 🤣

Edited by M.O.A.B.

3 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Can we draft a Defensive Coordinator ? 🤣

You might be looking for more than a DC if LaPolice decides to apply for the vacant next year HC job with the Lions.

And if the current trend in Riderville continues there could be a HC vacancy in Regina or perhaps LaPolice might apply for the GM job.

2 hours ago, DanoT said:

You might be looking for more than a DC if LaPolice decides to apply for the vacant next year HC job with the Lions.

I fully expect Lapo to be in BC next year. Sadly. 

I'm now even more worried he'll take a QB with him. 

10 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Lapo won’t be a head coach in this league again, aside from maybe an interim job finishing out a season.

Why do you say that?

also, I don't think Ed Hervey will be hiring Chris Jones 

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/football/cfl/edmonton-eskimos/all-or-nothing-the-untold-story-behind-the-exit-of-chris-jones-staff

Edited by Mark F

24 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Jeff Matthews taking 1st team reps at Alouettes practice. Me thinks that's the last we see of Drew Willy.

Matthews is awful. I'm sure Vernon Adams will be in the game by halftime.

I don't know how Montreal went into this season without somewhat rectifying their QB situation. There were guys available this year.

1 minute ago, Blueandgold said:

Matthews is awful. I'm sure Vernon Adams will be in the game by halftime.

I don't know how Montreal went into this season without somewhat rectifying their QB situation. There were guys available this year.

When you pay big $ to Muamba, Westerman, Campbell etc, you are forced to go the Dollarama route for QBs.

read this article..I will give you 3 guesses as to who is bringing this fella in for a look...and first 2 don't count

On another note...this team has glaring needs...does this signing address any of them??

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/denard-robinson-jaguars-crash-dui-drunk-lake-asleep/1iyoxq59diyhq194d7f4qpjylb

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Jeff Matthews taking 1st team reps at Alouettes practice. Me thinks that's the last we see of Drew Willy.

Considering that the only reason Willy left the game was concussion protocol I'd say you are mistaken. Willy is obviously not taking the reps cause he's hurt, he was actually doing reasonable well in that game and had he not left for the concussion protocol I bet the Als win by a greater margin. 

Willy just needs to be behind a beast of an oline and get a few games in succession under his belt where he is relatively clean, and has time to think with out the fear in the back of his mind of being plastered affecting everything he does...a 3-4 game stretch where he isn't mangled and has some success would do wonders for him

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Considering that the only reason Willy left the game was concussion protocol I'd say you are mistaken. Willy is obviously not taking the reps cause he's hurt, he was actually doing reasonable well in that game and had he not left for the concussion protocol I bet the Als win by a greater margin. 

I agree with you in terms of his play. However if he has another concussion, that would be his 3rd? And that's generally when you see guys really being susceptible to them. I wouldn't be surprised to see MTL go with Matthews and Adams the rest of the year, assuming one of them plays at least as well as Willy has.

4 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Lapo won’t be a head coach in this league again, aside from maybe an interim job finishing out a season.

One of the Winnipeg media reported that Lapo was asked to interview for a head coaching job in the off season (I assume that's Montreal). He declined. I know it was only for an interview but Lapo is highly thought of through out the league.

30 minutes ago, Booch said:

read this article..I will give you 3 guesses as to who is bringing this fella in for a look...and first 2 don't count

On another note...this team has glaring needs...does this signing address any of them??

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/denard-robinson-jaguars-crash-dui-drunk-lake-asleep/1iyoxq59diyhq194d7f4qpjylb

Character/legal issues?.........check
No meaningful playing time in quite a while?.....check

Just waiting for the ole position switch, before committing my guess to Jones....
😉