Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

This would not make the Riders better. That's the point. Let them have Durant. It would help the Bombers.

Yup, I believe by the time this season is over they'll be wishing Durant had stuck on the blue and gold uniform instead of having to see Mike Reilly 2.0 come out on the field against them.

On 2018-06-26 at 1:01 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

Drew Willy needs a really good O line and he might be ok.

Drew Willy is done because even with decent OLs he holds onto the ball too long and has a slow release.

I got a little late to the party, but now that I hear Adams is back in MTL Drew Willy should be benched immediately.  Starting him any more games is a waste of time and keeps the Als' offense in a **** show.

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Dude, the Al's offense IS the ****-show.

Yes, but having a broken QB who has no mobility, is trigger shy and plays with the deer in the headlights mentality makes it even worse.

Is Vernon Adams going to magically fix that offense?  Not likely but he has way more upside and athleticism than Willy and should have never been released from MTL in the first place.  Willy is done and the Als need to roll with Adams and possibly see what Schiltz and Pipkin also have.  Doubt Jeff Matthews has a future in the league either.

2 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Yes, but having a broken QB who has no mobility, is trigger shy and plays with the deer in the headlights mentality makes it even worse.

Is Vernon Adams going to magically fix that offense?  Not likely but he has way more upside and athleticism than Willy and should have never been released from MTL in the first place.  Willy is done and the Als need to roll with Adams and possibly see what Schiltz and Pipkin also have.  Doubt Jeff Matthews has a future in the league either.

I was just quoting you to be funny. I agree with all your points. :)

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

And that's a career. A real shame. 

Wasn't there an OL recently (Keeping if I remember) and Walby too, who fear was that was how they would leave the game behind, on a stretcher? If I remember Keeping properly, his injury put him out the year, but he insisted on walking off, in case that was his last chance to be on the field, and he didn't want to leave the game forever that way.

Great respect for Ray, but he should have retired on top.

3 minutes ago, itchy said:

Great respect for Ray, but he should have retired on top.

that's spoken with the benefit of hindsight. There was no reason he shouldn't have kept playing, it's just a damned shame that this happened to him. It's a cruel sport sometimes.

Anyway if that is indeed a career for Ray he was one of the good ones. Class act and a damned good player, ice water in his veins and probably single handedly prevented Milt and Khari and that group from getting a cup.