Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

Hasn't Gale been on 4 teams also.    For depth / emergency I don't see any problems with Adams...

People get caught up in teams played on. How many times was bob cameron cut before coming to the bombers?

Id take adams talent in a heart beat. The concern for me would be financial. How much will he take. If I was him though id be chomping at the bit to come here. Its his best chance to steal some action in games. 

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Riders signed DL Mic'hael Brooks (ex-Lions). 

They don't really need a DT, they need an OL unless they turn one of their DL to an OL. 😁

The Charleston Hughes experiment is done, they can get equal performance at better value from Brooks.  It's a proven concept!

38 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The Charleston Hughes experiment is done, they can get equal performance at better value from Brooks.  It's a proven concept!

Except that the unproven concept is getting a 300lb DT to play rush end and be able to drop back into pass coverage as Jones likes his DEs to be able to do.

Of course Jones being Jones his plan is likely to be converting Brooks to the O Line.

Edited by DanoT

1 minute ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Nothing definite yet, but it seems #AlsMTL are at least kicking around the idea of repatriating QB @bigplay_va, released last week by Hamilton.

makes the most sense for them to go after Adams. Any kind of trade would involve them getting bent over the barrel so I don't see that route as being the right option.  Good opportunity for Adams to finally find thwe right situation and time for him to be an undisputed #1 which seems to be his biggest issue to date

4 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Good opportunity for Adams to finally find thwe right situation and time for him to be an undisputed #1 which seems to be his biggest issue to date

Oh- I don't think that Mtl O-line is the "right situation" for anyone

I think Vernon Adams is a capable QB, but man, that Offensive line is essentially setting up any QB to fail.

5 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Oh- I don't think that Mtl O-line is the "right situation" for anyone

I think Vernon Adams is a capable QB, but man, that Offensive line is essentially setting up any QB to fail.

The good thing is Adams can run not unlike Willy. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.