Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

21 hours ago, DanoT said:

Riders are thin depth wise at a few positions but not at WR/SB and until they can get a DB up to speed, Carter is a short term fix. Riders likely plan on playing a lot of Man to Man and Carter can run with anyone.

If speed was all there was to it, that would be fine. To my understanding, playing cornerback has a lot to do with reading the receiver and QB and then positioning self. That implies experience and intelligence, neither of which Carter has shown. It is also interesting that Chris Jones (in his august wisdom) sees him as the easiest receiver to replace.

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

I really hope Adams can be brought in. He hasn't really had a solid chance to develop anywhere except MTL....and that was MTL so not exactly an ideal situation. I'd rather have him than Gale or Ross to be honest.

I dunno. Would i bring him in? Probably but part of me would question if theres any point in doing that. Theres gotta be some red flags there.. Hes been on 4 teams now and has been let go everytime. I dunno. I guess experience is important but... Im wondering if perhaps experience is over rated at times. 

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I dunno. Would i bring him in? Probably but part of me would question if theres any point in doing that. Theres gotta be some red flags there.. Hes been on 4 teams now and has been let go everytime. I dunno. I guess experience is important but... Im wondering if perhaps experience is over rated at times. 

Hasn't Gale been on 4 teams also.    For depth / emergency I don't see any problems with Adams...

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

I hear ya. But in Hamilton, there was no way "the greatest player to ever play in the CFL" wasn't going to be at least 2nd string. In SSK he wasn't going to beat out Glenn, but maybe something to be said for not beating out Bridge. But again. He did get a shot in MTL for a bit, but that was such a bad team he never stood a chance. And I can't remember where else he has been to be honest.

I just feel like he hasn't been given a decent opportunity. Maybe there's a reason for it. 

Edited by Bigblue204

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I really hope Adams can be brought in. He hasn't really had a solid chance to develop anywhere except MTL....and that was MTL so not exactly an ideal situation. I'd rather have him than Gale or Ross to be honest.

Adams has had some rotten luck for sure.  Just perusing the Stamps roster and hard to believe but the only QB they have on the active roster behind Mitchell is some guy named Nick Arbuckle, they have another unknown on their P.R. named Larry Brihm, that's it, that's all.  If BLM goes down this year they are sunked.