Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

Strong narrative over there.

Enforced by an influential handful.

It follows the corporate one, incredibly, amazingly close.

All a coincidence of course.

Taman goes from hero to villain virtually overnight and fired not long after. Coincidence. 

Heroes Chick, Dressler aand Getzllaff kicked to curb and the usual,suspects side with Jones who hadn't even been there a year yet. Coincidence

Darrian "Better Than Lancaster" Durant, whom mere months before had stormtroopers on that site thrashing the handful of Durant critics that dared show their head tries to win PR battle and the usual suspects circle the wagons around Jones. Again, coincidence

Lots of coincidences over there. Lots and lots of coincidences

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

**** any CFL team that puts a 44 year old on their neg list.  **** them.

I would take him now over when the argos dug up the corpse of andre rison. 

As a player ive always liked TO. The dude has always been in phenomenal shape. I doubt he would be the worst wr in the league if he came to the cfl. 

That said they way Edm recruits wrs and the quality of the top half of their guys I dont really get it. he certainly wont come cheap. Grab a guy like grant for less, he even fits their size quota. 

Bond to edm? Fantastic move for them. Bond at tackle? Im not sold. I do believe based on talent and level of play alone he could start at guard for any team in the league. 

23 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

So Jones is starting Carter exclusively at DB next game..... Take one of the best receivers in the league and likely the best on the Riders and make him only play DB. Is he really that good at DB? Or will he get picked on all game?

Roosevelt is a far better receiver for the riders.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I don't understand why they are facking around with Carter at DB?  

Riders are thin depth wise at a few positions but not at WR/SB and until they can get a DB up to speed, Carter is a short term fix. Riders likely plan on playing a lot of Man to Man and Carter can run with anyone.

11 minutes ago, DanoT said:

Riders are thin depth wise at a few positions but not at WR/SB and until they can get a DB up to speed, Carter is a short term fix. Riders likely plan on playing a lot of Man to Man and Carter can run with anyone.

This isn't Markus Howell who is a fringe receiver playing DB...   I would think you would never remove an all star (and apparently top 5 player in the cfl) from their position...

6 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Sounds like Bond will be playing tackle for the Eskimos which makes him a little less terrifying.

Guess we'll find out if he can play tackle.  Too bad we couldn't have kept him. I'll always think of the guy as one of the reasons we went from a bad team to a very good team. So, he'll always have a soft spot with me as a Bomber fan. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

14 hours ago, Mike said:

Travis Bond was great here, he was going to be great in Saskatchewan and he'll be great in Edmonton. 

Riderfans, for the most part, is full of idiots and I feel as if I've become a happier person since I stopped going over there to read their insanity.

At MBB, is it now ok to call Riderfans idiots?