Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

3 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

Bash bash bash...to what end?  I wonder what the Rider site says about us cutting the first over all pick from last year. It would be nice if wins and losses did the chirping for the entire league.

They have their own example in Josiah St.John who was drafter high but has resided on the injury list pretty much from Day One.

Collaros is 4-15 since returning from injury... including the 0-8 from last season.

This is a guy who has never played more than 14 games in a season and never thrown over 3500 yards.  He has been in the league since 2012.

He turns 30 this year.  The OL in Sask is a total question mark.  He looked awful in pre-season.  Rider fans should be very nervous.

27 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Collaros is 4-15 since returning from injury... including the 0-8 from last season.

This is a guy who has never played more than 14 games in a season and never thrown over 3500 yards.  He has been in the league since 2012.

He turns 30 this year.  The OL in Sask is a total question mark.  He looked awful in pre-season.  Rider fans should be very nervous.

But it's the bombers that need to worry about there season. People need to stop pretending collaros is the guy he was 3 years ago. 

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

Not as nervous as Collaros. He will have to be heavily sedated before, during and after the game.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

But it's the bombers that need to worry about there season. People need to stop pretending collaros is the guy he was 3 years ago. 

I'm not worried... not until the Bombers say Nichols is done for the year. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

14 hours ago, Atomic said:

What really surprises me about him is his openness to not running with the ball. He says he doesn't want to scramble anymore...or as much as he used to. I always thought his ability to move the pocket and make something happen was his biggest strength. 

35 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

What really surprises me about him is his openness to not running with the ball. He says he doesn't want to scramble anymore...or as much as he used to. I always thought his ability to move the pocket and make something happen was his biggest strength. 

Yips are a career killer.

39 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Keyword there is Scramble... Like his brains have been. 

What you all think of this?...sooo weak up the middle on defense...and the back-ups even worse

And on offense...that line looks horrendous...If I was Bridge or Collaros I'd be shaking in my cleats...Worst center in league...atguably worst Import Rt tackle in the league...2 raw rookie at LT and raw rookie at RG...and there back-up is a knicked Bladek who looked overmatched and dumbfounded last year, as well as this year...yikes

I also don't see how that receiving corp is considered so vaunted...

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2018/06/2018-Depth-Chart-Game-1-vs.-Toronto.pdf

Edited by Booch

35 minutes ago, Booch said:

What you all think of this?...sooo weak up the middle on defense...and the back-ups even worse

And on offense...that line looks horrendous...If I was Bridge or Collaros I'd be shaking in my cleats...Worst center in league...atguably worst Import Rt tackle in the league...2 raw rookie at LT and raw rookie at RG...and there back-up is a knicked Bladek who looked overmatched and dumbfounded last year, as well as this year...yikes

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2018/06/2018-Depth-Chart-Game-1-vs.-Toronto.pdf

We remember what a bad Oline can do to a team. Your receivers can all be loud mouthed potheads (really?) but if the QB is running backwards there aren't many throws to catch.

Has Willy recovered? It might take ZC some time to get back to a confident QB. I don't think he was that great before but man has he been bad lately. 

Lack of respect just keeps coming. Although no surprise as this one comes out of Sask from Jamie Nye, AKA mini Rod Perdersen. He is the cfl.ca "weekly predictor" clown shoe. If im not mistaken he picked against the Bombers in 14 of 18 games last year.

1. Calgary
2. Edm.
3. Sask.
4. B.C. (sleeper pick this season for me... could be a 10+ win team)
5. Winnipeg

5 hours ago, Booch said:

It makes me feel good at picking Wilder in TSN Fantasy Football

Tough beat last night guys.

We'll try to hang an L on the Riders for you tonight.

KBF: sorry I couldn't make it downtown last night (when you called, I was riding through Port Perry), but if I had made it down we'd have been hammered from drinking while waiting for the game... then your meetings would have been a s-show today and you'd have had a snoring Argo fan on your hotel room couch...