Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

1 hour ago, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

What's your take on Bond getting cut?

I wondered why we brought him in to begin with. He is as big as a house, a road grader. Perfect for a team that runs the ball. We never run the ball and its one of my biggest complaints of Macadoo.  I am honestly pretty surprised he was cut though.  Jones said that he wasn't noticeably better than the guys he was competing against.  

14 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I wondered why we brought him in to begin with. He is as big as a house, a road grader. Perfect for a team that runs the ball. We never run the ball and its one of my biggest complaints of Macadoo.  I am honestly pretty surprised he was cut though.  Jones said that he wasn't noticeably better than the guys he was competing against.  

His pass protection literally changed the course of the Bombers franchise in 2016.

So the Riders may start three NIs on the OL (Labbate/Clark/Bladek) on the OL, a DL (Evans) a Safety (Edem or MOB), a linebacker (Hurl or Judge) and then platoon a spot between Messam at RB and a receiver. Thing is all of their NI receivers have little experience (42 career receptions between Bailey, Radford and Stanford). They have no Ni depth on the OL (the three guys I named are the only 3 NI OL on the roster), JSJ is on the 6 game IR and they have 2018 5th round pick Matthieu Breton on the PR. No national RB behind Messam (They could spell him with FB Spencer Moore).

Considering that Jones has to be on thin ice already due to his lack of success and screwing with the rules plus all the league fines, this looks to be another debacle in the making which ought to lead to his being turfed by Labour Day.

Can't believe that sask cut Bond. Unreal. He must regret leaving here.

Sask  probably is the last choice for players at this point. 

The way they demeaned Dressler.

Kicking Bagg under the bus. At least give him an offer to coach.

Player's will probably play for less money just to avoid that team.

Edited by Mark F

4 hours ago, Mark F said:

Dressler is done and not worth the big money.  You would have gave him 225K???  Don't kid yourself

4 hours ago, Mark F said:

Can't live with old players forever. Eventually the time will come when the Bombers also move on.

5 hours ago, Mark F said:

Have you forgotten that in 2019, there will be a $2.738 salary cap on management,  scouts & 11 assistant coaches for all teams?  The Riders already have 15 assistants under contract for this season. Why would they hire a 16th when they know 4 will be laid off & the rest will have to take pay cuts? Some will be substantial. The Riders will have to make some tough decisions. They have a huge problem but won't have to deal with it  for another 6 months. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

48 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Dressler is done and not worth the big money.  You would have gave him 225K???  Don't kid yourself

Here's the difference, when it's determined that Dressler is no longer the best option for his position going forward Walters will have a discussion with him and allow him to bow out on his own terms with the dignity he deserves as a future member of the H.O.F..  Very different from how the Riders dealt with Bagg.

6 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Here's the difference, when it's determined that Dressler is no longer the best option for his position going forward Walters will have a discussion with him and allow him to bow out on his own terms with the dignity he deserves as a future member of the H.O.F..  Very different from how the Riders dealt with Bagg.

More likely how Clarence Denmark was handled. Informed by the Bombers that they would let him go to free agency.