Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

9 hours ago, BigBlue said:

"Besides MOS has a habit of sticking to the team (roster of players) that are on board on opening day. Look back to history: he has made very few changes. I don't think MOS is going off roster unless we have about 2 or 3 absolute  disasters for games. If we are going to be close, or at least not too distant, he will be sticking to what he has got now. That's who he is, what he does. He looks at the 4 QB's he has as professionals. He won't be screaming the sky is falling." 

That was last night ... now today:

“I’m not looking,” O’Shea said. “I imagine (Kyle) is fielding a pile of calls. But we’re pretty happy with what we’ve got.”

What would O'Shea be expected to say." We are now into borderline fecal incontinence when we look at our backup quarterback prospects but we have no viable options."?

Coaches by definition are optimists....you would expect nothing else.....especially when it is for public consumption.  Sure it’s fun to play the psychological card in a final when you label yourself as the underdog but certainly not the stategedy you want to use in game 1of  18...even though you look at your QB depth chart and know otherwise.

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Stamps were in full denial of the Justin Dunk story early Thursday morning as the story was on every media outlet here. Obviously Rogers agent let it slip out to Dunk he signed but the Stamps weren't ready to confirm yet so they outright denied anything was agreed to or signed.  I quoted Dave Rowe from CHQR at 6:57 am Thurs morning saying rumours of Rogers' signing were false based on what he was told from the Stamps. This came from either Mike Petrie or John Hufnagel. Then I listened to The Fan 960 later that morning as well as Q107 both saying the same thing before I went to work..That there was no deal in place & that the 2 sides weren't close to signing.  I posted what was being reported to the media being passed on to listeners. Yet, you post that they agreed to terms as opposed to signing a contract for what reason? To make it look like you know better??? Or are more knowledgeable than the rest of us?. And yeah, living in the City where the player signed carries more weigh with what the media says rather than lifting a quote or a tweet off the internet 8 hours later. Things change in 8 hours. I was at work the rest of the day & never heard Rogers signed until after 4 pm yesterday when I went home. I wasn't wrong with what I posted at the time. 

Dunk’s original tweet and story said they had agreed to terms. We all know that “agreed to terms” is not the same as “signed”. 

http://3downnation.com/2018/06/07/dominque-davis-looks-just-fine-redblacks-pre-season-win-argos/

Personally, I wouldn't be relieved just yet if I was a Redblacks fan.  Dom Davis has proven to be able to read defense well enough when they are running vanilla pre-season schemes however when the lights come up he really starts to look unsure of himself. Considering me skeptical. 

17 minutes ago, johnzo said:

man, I really wish I knew what happened to make them give up on Davis in the space of two quarters.  I have no idea whether Davis is a legit CFL QB or not, but the Bombers saw something in him for a couple years ... and then, bam, gone after thirty minutes.

It could well be that Davis just got sick of hanging around with no hope of ever starting in sight and they did him a favour by cutting him.  It has to be the bane of all QB's sitting behind an entrenched starter especially under a coach like O'Shea that never shows signs of deviation.  I imagine if Foketi or Flanders ever became disgruntled with their backup status they would do them the favour by setting them free.

6 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Dunk’s original tweet and story said they had agreed to terms. We all know that “agreed to terms” is not the same as “signed”. 

The Stamps had categorically denied they had agreed to terms in the morning. Then the news broke hours later that they had. 

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

The Bombers would be in a lot better shape right now if they had kept Davis and never signed Ross or Durant.  And I could have told you that without the benefit of hindsight.

I was posting my opinions on another forum pretty much saying the same things about Davis, and the Bombers QB situation.  

Now I can't  go there anymore.  I hope this place has thicker skinned fans. 

2 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

http://3downnation.com/2018/06/07/dominque-davis-looks-just-fine-redblacks-pre-season-win-argos/

Personally, I wouldn't be relieved just yet if I was a Redblacks fan.  Dom Davis has proven to be able to read defense well enough when they are running vanilla pre-season schemes however when the lights come up he really starts to look unsure of himself. Considering me skeptical. 

thanks....... "Bethel-Thompson started Toronto’s 36-18 win last week in Hamilton, finishing 9-of-11 passing for 122 yards and two TDs while running for another."

been trying to find a rhyme for streveller..... so far only have reveler. Streveller's revelers.

It's pretty bad.

Kevlar?

Edited by Mark F

57 minutes ago, Mark F said:

thanks....... "Bethel-Thompson started Toronto’s 36-18 win last week in Hamilton, finishing 9-of-11 passing for 122 yards and two TDs while running for another."

been trying to find a rhyme for streveller..... so far only have reveler. Streveller's revelers.

It's pretty bad.

Kevlar?

Streveler the Competitor!

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

It's pretty bad.

Kevlar?

Streveler the Beveler.  A beveler is a tool for rounding sharp edges.

It's not a great name.

6 hours ago, Atomic said:

The Bombers would be in a lot better shape right now if they had kept Davis and never signed Ross or Durant.  And I could have told you that without the benefit of hindsight.

It was strange we hung him out to dry when had an absolute horrific supporting cast. 

We had no receiving core last year without Darvin Adams and Weston Dressler in the lineup.