Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:
Jeff Hamilton @jeffkhamilton
FollowFollow @jeffkhamilton
More

Jeff Hamilton Retweeted Jeff Hamilton

To clarify: Conversations of course happen, with teams reaching out to the Bombers as well. But nothing currently in the works. And from what I understand -- and seems obvious -- Kevin Glenn is not even an option.

Not so obvious, I think K.G. would do well in this offence.

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Don't recall that, what did he say?

He did not take kindly to the fact that we did not offer him a contract (or gave him some paltry offer) under the guise of not having money to spend on a vet back up, but then signed Durant.

35 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Jeff Hamilton @jeffkhamilton

#Bombers are not trading for Adams, and have not yet explored other options at QB. Will wait to see full extent of Nichols injury before making any moves. #wfp

C'mon, the Bombers freaking know Nichols status.

If they aren't in on Adams than that must be good news on the Nichols front??

Just now, Alpaca said:

I’m still not convinced those KG tweets were directed at the Bombers. Sounds like he was talking about the riders re-signing Bridge then signing ZC to a big contract. 

He sent those tweets well before ZC was signed. And just after BB sign DD.

12 minutes ago, tracker said:

There is no doubt in my mind that, by now the Bombers know exactly what Nichols' situation is. If there are no panic-airlift QBs coming in in the next 48 hours, that should tell us that not all is dire.

Have you checked the waiting time in hospitals lately? 

(FWIW I did hear yesterday from someone I would trust that it didn't look good, but the information I heard today was specifically mentioning that "it sounds like it's not as bad as first thought")

I'm not a doctor so I don't know what would change from yesterday to today, but could it have been some kind of issue where they were thinking it was a tear but not able to tell until swelling went down or something and now that it has, it's revealed itself to not be a tear? (again ... not a doctor, so maybe someone more familiar with this stuff can educate me here?)

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

I have heard multiple whispers today that the injury is looking more like a 6-8 weeker than a season ender, but that's just a whole bunch of "word around the stadium today" talk, not information from anyone I'd be particularly confident in. 

They need to be making a move on a QB with experience in any scenario I think.  Every move they’ve made is to be a Grey Cup team this season.  Durant screwed them so it’s going to cost but it has to be done.

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

(FWIW I did hear yesterday from someone I would trust that it didn't look good, but the information I heard today was specifically mentioning that "it sounds like it's not as bad as first thought")

I'm not a doctor so I don't know what would change from yesterday to today, but could it have been some kind of issue where they were thinking it was a tear but not able to tell until swelling went down or something and now that it has, it's revealed itself to not be a tear? (again ... not a doctor, so maybe someone more familiar with this stuff can educate me here?)

The one nice thing if its a 6-8 week thing is that the bombers have a weak schedule in the first half of the season. A lot of the key west division matchups are in the 2nd half.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sorry Jacquie, you live where? Brandon? Virden? I live in Calgary & the radio station that carries the Stamps games here was saying during their 6:28 am, 6:58 am & 7:28 am sportscasts yesterday that the Stamps had no deal done with Rogers. That they were in "discussions" & had been in "discussions" for a number of undisclosed days with Rogers agent. That they weren't close to having a deal done yet. It was all rumours at that point as per their Stamps sources,(either Mike Petrie, the Asst Stamps GM or Huff himself). This from Dave Rowe the Sports Director & member of the CHQR Stamps broadcast team who was on air saying those things yesterday morning. As an aside, The Fan 960 was saying the same thing as was Q107 at that time. The tweet from the Stamps you show was 8 hours later. So, thank you very much.

Where I live has nothing to do with the fact Dunk did NOT say Rogers had been signed.