Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

9 hours ago, Ripper said:

I'm sure Paul Lapolice isn't getting paid much hey?  Popp and Trestman are making 1.2 million, so the 750 for Jones is a deal. With this cap in place, likely we will see more people doing both jobs to save money

people werent exactly lining up at plops door remember. we pulled him out of the booth. I could see plop and mos wanting similar money on the next deals though. 

8 hours ago, Ripper said:

Its not big talk, its just talk. I don't relentlessly bash any team in the league because I know we could win or lose against any of them. To listen to you talk about the Riders, I can't help but wonder how you feel about your own team when we beat you. The Riders are as good as any team in the league, no better, no worse. We will be in the hunt this year. You have us 2 out of 3 in Winnipeg so that helps, but I still don't see a sweep happening

No instead you come on here, bash every thing but the green. very different....

No. The riders are not as good as any team in the league this year. your starting qb was replaced by masoli twice, who is pretty average. whats his record in the last 18 starts?

The riders are average in the west. Better then bc. Toss up with edm. A bit behind a healthy wpg team, and we are all still looking up at the stamps and down on the east. During the regular season any way. 

The sooner bridge becomes starter the better chance the riders have to pass edm. 

11 hours ago, Ripper said:

Its not big talk, its just talk. I don't relentlessly bash any team in the league because I know we could win or lose against any of them. To listen to you talk about the Riders, I can't help but wonder how you feel about your own team when we beat you. The Riders are as good as any team in the league, no better, no worse. We will be in the hunt this year. You have us 2 out of 3 in Winnipeg so that helps, but I still don't see a sweep happening

Book an appointment with your optometrist SAP. And the CNIB.

Edited by tracker

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

people werent exactly lining up at plops door remember. we pulled him out of the booth. I could see plop and mos wanting similar money on the next deals though. 

Plop had cushy job at TSN, I'm sure he was willing to walk away for a low wage.  I'm sure he was promised MOS's job, who was probably one or two more loses away from getting run out of town

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

No instead you come on here, bash every thing but the green. very different....

No. The riders are not as good as any team in the league this year. your starting qb was replaced by masoli twice, who is pretty average. whats his record in the last 18 starts?

The riders are average in the west. Better then bc. Toss up with edm. A bit behind a healthy wpg team, and we are all still looking up at the stamps and down on the east. During the regular season any way. 

The sooner bridge becomes starter the better chance the riders have to pass edm. 

Collaros is obviously nothing to worry about for you then. I guess we will see how the season unfolds

Not many of us posters are going to rival Walters for GM. I heard more babble than wisdom today. Nobody but Glenn and Durant could step in without  about a month to learn the basic playbook being used here. A Vernon Adams or Brandon Bridge on two weeks study would just be setting themselves up for failure... and a promising career would go down the drain from the impossible expectations and pressure. Getting a QB up to full function is easier said than done, especially with a new club.

The cut down date is in 3 days, Saturday. Something interesting might arise that day but more than likely nothing will. Sunday we will see some shuffling as certain players go onto the PR. A few, not lots, projected PR players  will move to different clubs.

If Nichols is down for a bit, then Walters will look to his scouts and contacts but we will not have anyone new starting/playing QB, except our current four, until about game four. Yes Walters might pry Glenn or someone else for perhaps a Receiver or DB plus a draft pick if the other club felt they could fill a significant hole or two, but that is highly unlikely.

Besides MOS has a habit of sticking to the team (roster of players) that are on board on opening day. Look back to history: he has made very few changes. I don't think MOS is going off roster unless we have about 2 or 3 absolute  disasters for games. If we are going to be close, or at least not too distant, he will be sticking to what he has got now. That's who he is, what he does. He looks at the 4 QB's he has as professionals. He won't be screaming the sky is falling.

Walters and MOS have built an incredible team loaded with talent. The injury to Nichols is going to build character and true grit into the rest of the team. This team is going to carry its QBs ... and I expect they just might be good enough for that. They may even show well.

Two or three of our QB's are going to grow up in a hurry. One or two will emerge as the team carries them.

And when Nichols comes back, this year or next, we are going to the Grey Cup. Meanwhile management is building an enduring dynasty.

And if Nichols never comes back all these CFL one and two year contracts will allow one of the league's best QB's to sign on here for a while.

We are going to live with what we got for for at least the first three or four games, and we will like it. (Probably more than we expect.)

Edited by BigBlue

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Stamps are saying he hasn't signed. That they've had ongoing "conversations" but no contract signing. 

Dunk didn't say he had been signed - he said agreed to terms.

Edited by Jacquie

9 hours ago, Ripper said:

Plop had cushy job at TSN, I'm sure he was willing to walk away for a low wage.  I'm sure he was promised MOS's job, who was probably one or two more loses away from getting run out of town

You do know that his wife is from Selkirk right and wears the pants? 

9 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Dunk didn't say he had been signed - he said agreed to terms.

Sorry Jacquie, you live where? Brandon? Virden? I live in Calgary & the radio station that carries the Stamps games here was saying during their 6:28 am, 6:58 am & 7:28 am sportscasts yesterday that the Stamps had no deal done with Rogers. That they were in "discussions" & had been in "discussions" for a number of undisclosed days with Rogers agent. That they weren't close to having a deal done yet. It was all rumours at that point as per their Stamps sources,(either Mike Petrie, the Asst Stamps GM or Huff himself). This from Dave Rowe the Sports Director & member of the CHQR Stamps broadcast team who was on air saying those things yesterday morning. As an aside, The Fan 960 was saying the same thing as was Q107 at that time. The tweet from the Stamps you show was 8 hours later. So, thank you very much.

Edited by SpeedFlex27