Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

10 hours ago, Booch said:

Typical Chris Jone's signing today, now did they not know this and do enough background checking...or are they aware and took him on anyway...if so that is just laughable

After Mason led police on a high-speed ATV chase,Mason's mother stated that Mason had the "mindset of a 10-year-old" due to head injuries sustained during his career. She noticed her son’s behavior was different after the 2015 season: “Clearly, we could see the change. Like, completely... As much as he’s accomplished, as hard as he’s worked, as much as he’s built his character, in record-breaking time it’s going downhill because of what’s going on." In November, Mason pleaded no contest to charges related to the ATV chase. Mason was arrested in January 2017 for the incident and charged with a third degree felony of fleeing and eluding without regard for others' safety or property.

To recap: In March 2016, Mason was pulled over for driving 75 mph in a 35 mph zone and Tased when he refused to exit his vehicle. In July 2016, he was caught doing wheelies and driving recklessly in an ATV before then fleeing the cops. His mother, , subsequently told authorities her son was “22 in a 10-year-old’s mindset” due to concussions, adding, “Tre is not himself at all.”

Cops were called to his home five times in four months, once for what Mom described as “irrational statements.” That police report indicated that when Mason saw the cops he threatened to call the White House and have them all fired before then saying police were responsible for teaching al-Qaida how to fly planes. In July of that year, Mason was admitted to a South Florida hospital for a mental health evaluation, according to a Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office report. Then, in August, Mason was cited for blocking a lane of traffic with his Maserati.

He never showed up for Los Angeles Rams training camp

Sounds like a guy who knew he wouldn't pass a piss test.

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Just an aside, anyone see Drew Edwards Top 40 Players? I did & it is a joke. It isn't up on 3 Down Nation which I find interesting. Wait till you see who he has at #2, #20 & at #40. His credibility just flew out the window.

How does he have Carter 2 and Roosevelt way down the list?  Naman played 4 less games and had better stats?

10 minutes ago, Brandon said:

How does he have Carter 2 and Roosevelt way down the list?  Naman played 4 less games and had better stats?

It must be a joke to get attention. 

He has Gainey at 10? "...leagues best cover guy..." 😮

I mean, you get what you pay for with 3 Down Nation. 

20 hours ago, Atomic said:

Yeah it's total bullshit because Thigpen carried them in the playoffs last year and then tested positive.  Pretty clear he was juicing and got a huge advantage from it but they didn't figure it out until after the Riders had been bounced by the Argos.  Such a dirty team of ugly cheaters over there.  And they're all so stupid and fat too.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4186611/winnipeg-blue-bombers-take-receivers-with-first-two-draft-picks/  

Your first round pick was KNOWINGLY USING A BANNED substance in the NFL and was suspended?  Do you think the Bombers should have drafted him?  Being how he is a cheater and all

Edited by Ripper

17 minutes ago, Ripper said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4186611/winnipeg-blue-bombers-take-receivers-with-first-two-draft-picks/  

Your first round pick was juicing in the NFL and was suspended?  Do you think the Bombers should have drafted him?  Being how he is a cheater and all

not quite the same,  Simonise was 2 years ago on the cusp of cracking a NFL roster (still not a valid excuse but some insight into possible pressure felt at the time) and has been clean since,  where as Thigpen was juicing during your playoff run

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

2 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

not quite the same,  Simonise was 2 years ago on the cusp of cracking a NFL roster (still not a valid excuse but some insight into possible pressure felt at the time) and has been clean since,  where as Thigpen was juicing during your playoff run

I figured it wouldn't be quite the same thing.  

7 hours ago, Ripper said:

Your first round pick was juicing in the NFL and was suspended?  Do you think the Bombers should have drafted him?  Being how he is a cheater and all

Absolutely.  **** the Riders!

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Carter at #2. Nichols at #20 (not an elite qb according to Edwards). Manziel at #40 despite never playing a single down in the CFL. 

I don’t care that Nichols is at 20, I hate when these lists prop up QBs ahead of other positions.

IF - and I’m speaking hypothetically - Nichols is in the second tier of QBs and Carter is in the first tier of receivers, then Carter should be ranked ahead of Nichols.

However, I think that Carter is a few years into his CFL career and the media is still talking about his potential. After a certain point, you shouldn’t get ranked about what you might do if you put it all together. And I couldn’t care less if he plays both ways, that seems like more of a stunt then actually adding value. He should be behind several other receivers on this list.

Nichols was probably ranked fairly, IMO. I don’t have him ahead of the big three yet (Ray is obviously only good when healthy at this point, but gets the nod because of his total career).

Carter played DB...sure....but isn't a superstar at it...or even great...and if he plays more this year it will be exposed....and he isn't the best reciever either....what year has he cracked the top 5...let alone top 10...once maybe??

Edited by Booch

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Carter played DB...sure....but isn't a superstar at it...or even great...and if he plays more this year it will be exposed....and he isn't the best reciever either....what year has he cracked the top 5...let alone top 10...once maybe??

What makes the most sense for the Riders would be to have Carter play WR and back up DB so that he could then go full time both ways if there was an in game injury to a DB. They could then dress one less backup DB.

7 minutes ago, DanoT said:

What makes the most sense for the Riders would be to have Carter play WR and back up DB so that he could then go full time both ways if there was an in game injury to a DB. They could then dress one less backup DB.

Or just fold the team and have the entire province move into the Ozark Mountains where they belong. That would make the most sense.

thats what I think they started doing last year, but that is in my opinion dumb as say Carter gets hurt..then a DB gets hurt..or shaken up...you got nothing there to back-up other than the plugs they have as their Canadian safeties...but on the flipside...it;s the Riders and hope they do that and get burned by it..Will look good on Jones and his silly tendency to try and fit square pegs into round holes just because they are or look like "athletes"

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Ya don't say. Taking an OTC weight gain supplement is not the same as taking an anabolic steroid like CDMT. One actually is juicing, where the other is not.

Typical flatbilly deflection.

NFL didn't share your feelings on the matter, 4 game suspension.  Personally it doesn't bother me either way.  I am entertained by the double standard however when it comes to other teams players

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

NFL didn't share your feelings on the matter, 4 game suspension.  Personally it doesn't bother me either way.  I am entertained by the double standard however when it comes to other teams players

juicing for TC  2 years ago vs Juicing during the playoffs in this league this past year..... both are bad and dumb choices, but one of them is legit cheating.  I'll let you figure that out

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

You honestly can't see a difference? Siminose certainly broke a rule while trying to make a roster/in preseason. Paid for it, and has started over. Thigpen, broke a rule while playing in the playoffs. They both broke rules and will pay for it. One did it while playing in the playoffs last year, the other did it the preseason in a different league, 2 years ago. Just take the green goggles off for a second and use your smrts.

8 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Of course it doesn't bother you, cheating is basically mandated by the Chris Jones regime and you all eat it up.  What a sad, spineless fanbase.