Round 3 : Game 5 - Leaving Las Vegas

7 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

It was a simple misunderstanding.  This blaming non calls is pretty funny.....it happens both ways to both teams no matter who is playing.  And how come no one is calling for a penalty on Buff when he was holding that guy down behind the net, not allowing him to get up and back into the play. 

It was just a question. Whatever else you think are your thoughts, not mine 

Also, couldn't use Hutchison or Mason to spell off Hellebuyck for even a single game as they aren't good enough. It might have done the guy good to have watched from the bench & recharged his batteries for 1 game. That probably would have meant a loss. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Their goalie was great and ours let in a bad goal(s) in almost every game. Imo that was the difference in the series. 

We scored 9 goals tho in 5 games including 4 in Game 1 so 5 goals in the 4 losses. Stinker or not.. You dont win scoring 5 goals in 4 games. 

The difference was Fleury. And likely the grueling 7 game series vs Nashville. 

Cant expect Scheif or Laine to score 2 3 goals a game... Unfortunately they were the only guys scoring for us. 

Gotta give Vegas credit... They play their game and def outwork their opponent. Jets lost nearly every puck battle this series and had no time to make plays. 

Vegas got all the bounces too, perhaps a team of destiny. I personally think they win the Cup now. 

Edited by Goalie

On 2018-05-20 at 8:40 PM, Mark H. said:

I get 5th graders spouting this stuff because they hear it from their dad at home.

1. The non - call when Sheifele's nose was bloodied up was definitely a blatant missed call.  But the same can be said for the non-call on the Buff trip today

2. The Knights had 4 or 5 players back defensively on a consistent basis, the Jets usually had 3 or 4.  

3. The Jets are a passing team that played dump and chase too much.  On a power play or with an empty net, a team of the Jets' calibre should be moving the puck in with crisp passes.  

4. Fleurry didn't make the difference all by himself, nor did he steal any games, but he was superb

I'm not surprised to hear that some grade 5'ers have smart dads.

On 2018-05-25 at 6:29 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

more like just laughing at how every round Goalie has claimed that Vegas is going to get kicked, and they have basically cruised through the playoffs so far.  We shall see.

Yup. Me and the rest of the entire hockey world. This current series is a great example of vegas without Fleury putting up unsustainable numbers.