Round 3 : Game 4 - The Hangover

6 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I am not a hockey troll....I am a Winnipeg blue bomber fan who does not cheer this jet 2.0 stuff. I'm sorry. 

Is it a requirement to be a jet fan no matter what ..when being a part of this board ?

Yes it is a requirement so leave

7 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

One thing ive noticed is that when the Jets have the puck and lets say its a 3 on 2, by the time they get to the VGK blue line VGK has 4 guys now as 2 Knights have come back.

The other way around we're lucky if just a 3rd Jet makes it back to help the D.

Welp!

Which leads to Vegas generating chances off the rush, while the Jets have to rely mostly on their forecheck. 

After 3 straight losses you would think the Jets would realize that maybe we need to change a few things about the way they are playing. They may be generating lots of shots but they aren't making life miserable for Fleury or the Vegas top line. After hearing Wheeler and Maurice post-game, I don't hold out much hope that things are going to be any different. 

8 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Because why ?.....

Because a lot of us on this board have been waiting many hard difficult years to enjoy this, we don't make the distinction between 1.0 and 2.0. They are our Jets.

They represent our city, our province so expect some heat if your going to say Im not a Jets fan and cheer for a expansion team while being a Bomber fan for 40 years. Bizarre.

13 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I am not a hockey troll....I am a Winnipeg blue bomber fan who does not cheer this jet 2.0 stuff. I'm sorry. 

Is it a requirement to be a jet fan no matter what ..when being a part of this board ?

A Bomber fan who never posts in any of the Bomber threads...

58 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

A Bomber fan who never posts in any of the Bomber threads...

I just got here. And there ain't much to post about yet.

and I was a jet fan right up until they left. Now I am a coyote fan. Its not that hard to understand. And hardly worth a warning, it's not like I posted any lies or made crap up. 

38 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I just got here. And there ain't much to post about yet.

and I was a jet fan right up until they left. Now I am a coyote fan. Its not that hard to understand. And hardly worth a warning, it's not like I posted any lies or made crap up. 

So you're a Coyote fan who comes in with a Knights profile pic.  You're here to troll, stop acting innocent.

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

So you're a Coyote fan who comes in with a Knights profile pic.  You're here to troll, stop acting innocent.

Coyotes are out.....out a long time ago actually lol....So I jumped on a bandwagon and I am enjoying watching the games. This ain't life or death stuff.

15 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Coyotes are out.....out a long time ago actually lol....So I jumped on a bandwagon and I am enjoying watching the games. This ain't life or death stuff.

If you aren't a Jets fan then why feel the need to come here? Why not go to a Knights fan site? 

31 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I come here to read bomber stuff first. 

You keep saying that, but you of course understand why people are skeptical and don't believe you.  

Despite claiming to be a Bomber fan for 40 years, you first sign up to the site during the Vegas series, first with a Vegas avatar and now a knight avatar.    What a coincidence that in the 5 years this site has been running you magically found it during the Vegas / Jets series.

Also of all your posts. 2 (7.5%), have been in the Bomber section, referencing of all things, Dominique Davis (the 2nd post was of course to clarify that the first post was only a joke).   The rest have been about Jets / Vegas.   Not even a peep from you on the big Adam Bighill news today.

Actions speak louder then words.

You certainly don't even need to be a Bomber fan to post here.   Just don't lie about it and make ridiculous posts disguising ignorance as trolling.    There are examples of fans who post here who are fans from other teams than what the majority support, you could take a lesson from them.

Everything I have posted about myself is true. And I have been  out on the motorcycle all day and I am just reading the Bighill news now.  I post more about the bombers when they are playing,  at this time of the season I just read and try to learn about the depth of the  team. 

The avatar is just because I think it's interesting that an expansion team is doing this well,  then I changed it to the black night from Monty python just for a laugh and because I was asked to change it.  There is no evil plan about joining at this time. I found it, read some, then joined. 

I got one question though......you were okay with another poster telling me to f#%k off ? .....like is that stuff allowed ? I don't care either way, I just want to be in line with how people treat each other around here.

good luck in game 5..... 

9 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I got one question though......you were okay with another poster telling me to f#%k off ? .....like is that stuff allowed ? I don't care either way, I just want to be in line with how people treat each other around here.

Didn’t see that post nor could I find it in this thread.   There is a report post at the top of every post to bring something to a moderators attention. 

Is it just me or is Hellebuyck playing poorly? He seems off on his angles and doesn't seem to be properly anticipating the play. Seems whenever we need a big save he wilts while his counterpart excels. I really don't see us coming back if his play doesn't improve dramatically. He needs to steal a game in this series and he's running out of chances. This team has bailed him out on many occasions. It's time he returns the favour.

8 minutes ago, J5V said:

Is it just me or is Hellebuyck playing poorly? He seems off on his angles and doesn't seem to be properly anticipating the play. Seems whenever we need a big save he wilts while his counterpart excels. I really don't see us coming back if his play doesn't improve dramatically. He needs to steal a game in this series and he's running out of chances. This team has bailed him out on many occasions. It's time he returns the favour.

yeah I have to reluctantly agree with this.  Helle has been totally out-goalied by Fleury, after totally out-goaling Rinne in the last series.  Youth vs experience.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Fleury has been better but in 2 games in Vegas Jets scored 4 goals so 2 a game.. Pretty tough to win 2 1 most nights

We could have had another 7 or 8 goals the past 2 games but Fleury stoned us. Hellebuyck lets in a bad goal every game it seems that kills momentum. He can't do that. He has to play a lot better. Can he? I think he sees Fleury with his athletic antics across the ice & he knows that he can't. I hate to say this but it's like comparing a mannequin to Gumby. Hellebuyck looks stiff with nerves & not enjoying himself. Fleury is loosey goosey & having fun.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

There's no way the Knights score their 3rd goal if Hellebuyck is playing his angles properly. When he's on his game he isn't leaving anything for the opposition to shoot at. He needs to get back to that. It's just an adjustment. He needs to stay calm. I don't want him to be Dominek Hasek. That's not his game. 

At the other end, the Jets are trying to out-speed the Knights and are banging away at rebounds along the ice allowing Fluery to make diving toe save heroics. I've seen Fluery look just awful in the past when he panics like that and starts diving around out of position. The bounces have gone his way so far but there's nothing that says that has to continue. The Jets need to calm down, play their game at their optimum speed and bury their chances.

No one's won anything yet. It's a best of 7 and the 4th win can be elusive. A win this afternoon and the momentum shifts and all the pressure falls on the Knights. If the Jets can earn themselves one more chance to win a game in Vegas, something they knew they'd have to do after game two, well, I'd like their chances in game 7 in Winnipeg. 

Maurice needs to show he is the better coach by making the proper adjustments and taking advantage of home ice and last change. Wheeler needs to show he is the leader that can calm everyone down and set the example. Both are capable. 

No one's won anything yet.

And one more thing. I'm so glad Myers sounded off about the officiating. It needed to be done and psychology is a funny thing.