Round 3 : Game 3 - Waking Up In Vegas

maxresdefault.jpg

Game Time : Wednesday 8, SN

Game Story When was last time we lost 2 in a row? That and it's an odd numbered game, Jets should win. Double down.

Local Celebrity Quote : The thing you want to be able to do is to be well-liked when you retire. I know right now I'm not close to retiring, and I'm not close to being liked. Kyle Busch

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Wednesday, CBC, Sportsnet, NBCSN  at 8:00 p.m.

Tagline: "Pinawa Dam at Hoover Dam"

Storyline: Jets try to avoid the Vegas flu and re-take control of the series.

Quote: “What happens in Vegas (on the road) stays in Vegas (on the road)" - every bachelor party ever

Quote #2: "Strange memories on this nervous night in Las Vegas.....No, this is not a good town for psychedelic drugs. Reality itself is too twisted" - Hunter S. Thompson 

Fun facts: Winnipeg is 8-1 in the playoffs when they score the first goal, 1-4 when they do not.....Vegas is 7-1 when scoring first, 2-2 when they don't......in the regular season, the top 6 teams in winning percentage when they scored the first goal were Tampa Bay (.837), Vegas (.829), Washington (.811), Nashville (.804), Winnipeg (.787) and Boston (.784).....the top 4 teams in winning percentage in the regular season when scored upon first were Boston (.467), Tampa (.462), Winnipeg (.428) and Washington (.422) - Vegas was sixth (.415) and Nashville twelfth (.387).

8 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Wednesday, CBC, Sportsnet, NBCSN  at 8:00 p.m.

Tagline: "Pinawa Dam at Hoover Dam"

Storyline: Jets try to avoid the Vegas flu and re-take control of the series.

Quote: “What happens in Vegas (on the road) stays in Vegas (on the road)" - every bachelor party ever

Quote #2: "Strange memories on this nervous night in Las Vegas.....No, this is not a good town for psychedelic drugs. Reality itself is too twisted" - Hunter S. Thompson 

Fun facts: Winnipeg is 8-1 in the playoffs when they score the first goal, 1-4 when they do not.....Vegas is 7-1 when scoring first, 2-2 when they don't......in the regular season, the top 6 teams in winning percentage when they scored the first goal were Tampa Bay (.837), Vegas (.829), Washington (.811), Nashville (.804), Winnipeg (.787) and Boston (.784).....the top 4 teams in winning percentage in the regular season when scored upon first were Boston (.467), Tampa (.462), Winnipeg (.428) and Washington (.422) - Vegas was sixth (.415) and Nashville twelfth (.387).

What would be a refreshing thing to see is if the pee knights do score the first and maybe even the second goal of the game, we come back with a flurry of goals by overwhelming their 'hey lets clog the nuetral zone, we're up by one/two'.

Enough with this 'we've scored the first goal, batten down the hatches, form a wall and look for a lucky break on a counter'. Lets break that cycle of crappy boring hockey. Lets find a formula that dismisses that strategy. 

alternate celebrity quote

Doctor: Uh, none of the tests required you to disrobe. I'm not sure why you're all sitting here in your underwear.

Deputy S. Jones: Dangle was in his underwear when we all got here.

Deputy Travis Junior: Yeah, what's the deal, Dangle?

Lt. Jim Dangle: I don't feel the need to explain myself.

probably the funniest tv series I've ever seen.

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

What would be a refreshing thing to see is if the pee knights do score the first and maybe even the second goal of the game, we come back with a flurry of goals by overwhelming their 'hey lets clog the nuetral zone, we're up by one/two'.

Enough with this 'we've scored the first goal, batten down the hatches, form a wall and look for a lucky break on a counter'. Lets break that cycle of crappy boring hockey. Lets find a formula that dismisses that strategy. 

In a way though it is flattering - teams have realized this is their only real hope of beating us.  The secret is to go out and get the first and second goal, then the other team has to open up, and then it's over baby.  That would have been a whole different game if Scheifele's opening drive to the net had squeaked through Fleury's pads and gone in.

15 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Ehlers out tonight.  The talking heads said Tanev will be on the 2nd line with Stastny and Laine??  WTF?

When ever PaMa does something like this its crazy but then i say PaMa youre a genius.

Oake said PaMa said he'll talk about it after game but not healthy scrach. Wut-woh.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

39 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Holy chit Helle looked bad there.

VGK loves the backhand.

No reason Helle had to guess. Just needed to stand his ground. Made up for it on that glove save.

Someone needs to light a fire under Laine.

Two minutes for diving please.