Round 3 - Game 2: Golden Knights at Jets

Did Buff Stastny or Wheeler play tonight? 

I think they need more toughness... If Kulikov is healthy.. I'd consider replacing Enstrom.. I like Toby but hes a little soft. Im not concerned tho.. Jets are the better team... More talent... They were just off like Game 6 vs Nashville. 

Edited by Goalie

Refs really took the Jets out of the game imo.  That call on Wheeler was just brutal...

Then they show highlights of how 'hardnosed' Washington is playing... and every highlight would have been a first round suspension ha

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Refs really took the Jets out of the game imo.  That call on Wheeler was just brutal...

Then they show highlights of how 'hardnosed' Washington is playing... and every highlight would have been a first round suspension ha

refs didn't help, and Fleury did what Fleury does, stole another game that a lesser goalie would have let get out of hand after the first 10 minutes.  Jets didn't get that early goal and then let the air out when LV went up 2-0.  Buff was lost in space most of the game, including on the second goal, when he decided to take a leisurely stroll to the bench for a change.  Oh well, can't win every game.

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

I think they looked tired and will actually benefit from a couple games on the road. 

Not tired so much as they just did not connect the dots.

Speaking of not connecting the dots...Ehlers/Lowry 0 goals.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

refs didn't help, and Fleury did what Fleury does, stole another game that a lesser goalie would have let get out of hand after the first 10 minutes.  Jets didn't get that early goal and then let the air out when LV went up 2-0.  Buff was lost in space most of the game, including on the second goal, when he decided to take a leisurely stroll to the bench for a change.  Oh well, can't win every game.

Buff was the only one that actually saw what was going on and tried to get back into the play.... really bad change by all five guys on the ice and bruuuuutal giveaway by KC

2 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Do you honestly believe this is true?

I don't disbelieve it. I really didn't like the call on Wheeler after everything that was let go where the Knights were concerned. 

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

Just another one of those games.  It's tough at this point and if you ain't on, you ain't winning.  I'm not worried.

That's exactly it. A few costly errors and a few bounces that didn't go the home team's way last night. It wasn't like the Jets were horrible for the entire game.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Buff was the only one that actually saw what was going on and tried to get back into the play.... really bad change by all five guys on the ice and bruuuuutal giveaway by KC

there's one reason why we should be holding our heads high for getting this far.  Vegas has no real rookies, and so they make far fewer mistakes.  Connor and Laine are super young and are going to make mistakes, it's just part of the game.  But we have the brighter future for sure, as Connor and Laine are only going to get better.  If we can keep this core together.  I am already looking forward to the total domination we should be experiencing next year with these young guys getting all of this playoff experience.  It feels like the Oilers in 1983.