Darian Durant Retires

Revealing interview.

Not from Durant of course, Pederson didnt lay a glove on him, getting at the truth wasnt the purpose of the interview, but how Durant used a Rider PR and media tool to get his spin out.

If you didnt know or realize what Pederson actually is and what he represents in relation to CFL "journalism" you do now.

As for Durant... when reporters virtue signal with "heartless" managment decisions I want Durant cited as a counter balance. It'll never happen I know.

What are all those Darian Durant Rider fans going to do who vilified Mo Price a couple of years ago when he took a large bonus from the Riders and then retired. Rider fans must be feeling awfully conflicted right now. Or they could just be hypocrites who feel like Durant that he deserved to be paid by Bombers but Price did not deserve to be paid by Riders. Yup that's it, live in Regina and be a hypocrite....that's easy.😏

1 hour ago, DanoT said:

Or they could just be hypocrites who feel like Durant that he deserved to be paid by Bombers but Price did not deserve to be paid by Riders. Yup that's it, live in Regina and be a hypocrite....that's easy.😏

Toothless hypocrite's at that....This whole Durant pr bull$hit is typical with green pom pom boy ..  it has no credibility

Edited by Stickem

10 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Just for the record, Durant is classless and a nasty piece of work.

It actually seems he had an agenda to harm the Winnipeg franchise as evidenced by that taunting tweet above, and if I were the Bombers, I'd make a case to that effect and go to the league and ask them to forgive that bonus money against the cap because the contract was not negotiated in good faith. Under contract law, they have a right to do so if there is evidence to that effect such as the tweet above and his comments to Peterson.

I share the sentiment of many here and sympathize. Bombers do not deserve this.

7 minutes ago, TheSource said:

Just for the record, Durant is classless and a nasty piece of work.

It actually seems he had an agenda to harm the Winnipeg franchise as evidenced by that taunting tweet above, and if I were the Bombers, I'd make a case to that effect and go to the league and ask them to forgive that bonus money against the cap because the contract was not negotiated in good faith. Under contract law, they have a right to do so if there is evidence to that effect such as the tweet above and his comments to Peterson.

I share the sentiment of many here and sympathize. Bombers do not deserve this.

Take a look at the date of the tweet.

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

Take a look at the date of the tweet.

Yeah I see that now, you are right, but I'd still make a case to the league to be forgiven that 70K against the cap. Bombers will make a profit this year like last, so the amount of the loss is not the biggest issue, the fact that it counts against the cap is the issue. If they could get that forgiven, then they would be in better shape to use that money later in the year.

Talking about offseason rule changes next year, they should write in a rule that signing bonus money does not count against the cap if the player retires before the regular season starts. Overall, I think that would only help all the teams in the league in situations such as this.

21 minutes ago, TheSource said:

Talking about offseason rule changes next year, they should write in a rule that signing bonus money does not count against the cap if the player retires before the regular season starts. Overall, I think that would only help all the teams in the league in situations such as this.

This isn't the craziest thing you've written...

Durant chose fatherhood over football. 

Fine. It was probably time.

Then, where a scenario presented itself for a great teaching moment for the future, father Durant fumbles the ball.

Big time.

Is this how you teach morals to your first born? Doubles double reneged on a deal, a promise, and with that poor thought process, traded his honour in a cowardly, non-grown up way...he avoided the situation. It was easier that way.

Respect and honour are not easily won, but they sure are quickly lost. And lost them he did.

That, is what Durant ‘deserves’.

32 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Tell me Im not the only one who thinks when and if a team runs into QB trouble at some point this year Durants family condition is repaired at he comes out of retirement....for the the right price.

Pretty hard when the Bombers hold his rights

28 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Like Bombers wouldnt entertain trade offers for said rights.

They might trade, but likely not to a western team and only to an eastern team who wants him dearly and is prepared to pay.  I'm thinking that his antics have pretty much ensured that he's done.

It's actually pretty shameful what Durant did and I would say that about him no matter what team he did this to.

To have such a great career end with such a smudge to his character isn't a good look on the CFL as a whole.

If he wants to go out looking like a slime ball then that's his choice, but I legitimately thought he respected the CFL. It's clear he doesn't and to me that's quite sad.