Darian Durant Retires

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

I’m sure there’s more to this than Durant trying to ‘scam’ the bombers... must be family issue 

Why are you sure?Family issue or not he should have notified the Bombers 1st.  I gave my employers 3 or 4 months notice because I appreciated the fact that they gave me a job and other than my wife they were the 1st to know because it is just a common courtesy to do that.

2 minutes ago, the watcher said:

Why are you sure?Family issue or not he should have notified the Bombers 1st.  I gave my employers 3 or 4 months notice because I appreciated the fact that they gave me a job and other than my wife they were the 1st to know because it is just a common courtesy to do that.

I think the fact he tweeted or facebooked them is the bigger deal. Didnt even have the balls to call? C'mon. Yeah players find out on social media also but they generally get a phone call first. Its Why bombers delayed their cuts announcement.. Couldn't talk to everyone

13 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Same boat. It sounds like he's been offered a long-term job outside of FB. Hope he returns the signing bonus.

As for the social media thing, usually its the other way around that a player finds out through social media he's been cut/traded so...

Really?  Care to demonstrate how the Bombers "usually" do this?

27 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

After this happened to the Riders a couple years ago, twice, the league recommended that all teams change the phraseology (is that a word) in their contracts from signing bonus to up front payment so that money could be recouped in this event through legal channels. The Riders were able to recoup Campbell's signing bonus but were left high and dry on Price's. Pederson did an article about sometime last year.

Interesting. I guess we find out how good Walters or the Bombers are at writing contracts. Getting the money and SMS room back would be great. Not getting it back would mean not heeding the warning from league to change the phraseology. 

7 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Really?  Care to demonstrate how the Bombers "usually" do this?

I did not say Walters/Bombers have done this so cool your jets but I still stand by my statement that its not uncommon for players to find out they've been traded/cut through SM. It happens. Due diligence not done.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I did not say Walters/Bombers have done this so cool your jets but I still stand by my statement that its not uncommon for players to find out they've been traded/cut through SM. It happens.

So, you want to defend Durant's "Richard"-move by saying that this is done to players, but then say that you didn't say that either the Bombers or Walters does this.  Thanks for clearing that up.

Well i am going to wait a couple of days till this all shakes out one way or the other. Really doesn't make sense on Darian 's part unless we haven't heard everything. We gotta move on no matter what the reason...

29 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yeah **** move by Walters to basically tweet Hes retiring to the team. Oh wait thats what Durant pretty much did. Trolling for sure cuz no way in hell is this on Walters. 

I'm as critical as anyone when Walters wastes money ala Banks, Stafford....but in this case no reasonable person could ever blame Walters for this.....and to the Rider morons who want to compare this to Bruce Campbell retiring...not the same thing at all. Jones traded for him and then he retired...that's poor due diligence. Campbell never signed a contract with the Riders saying "sure I'll play with you" and then walked away.

Edited by gcn11

46 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I’m sure there’s more to this than Durant trying to ‘scam’ the bombers... must be family issue 

I personally wouldn't put it past him....but likely just likes spending time with his new child...and that's totally fine. But there's a right way and a wrong way to go about retiring....and he went about like a giant ******* ******

3 hours ago, TheSource said:

Not trolling. I just don't like Walters approach. I do like many other things about the team though.

Ya screw the fact he's turned the franchise around and has posted back to back great seasons.. 

You seriously have no clue what you yammer on about.

Edited by SPuDS

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

You don't like what you perceive as Walters approach. Because at the end of the day, no matter how many words you type. You have zero clue as to what went on. But please, write another novel with no real sources or critical thinking involved.

Um, in case you haven't noticed... he is THE source... no real sources necessary! 😁

If $70,000 makes or breaks this season, than we've got bigger problems anyway.

I'm far more pissed that we find this out via the method we did, but worse yet.... it's May 11.  We play g1 in less than 3 weeks. 

This is a dude who cares about himself and no one else.  Only way to look at, isn't it?!?  

I'd be happy with some karma justice at least... hopefully DD's new employer calls Walters and not the Riders for a reference check. 

To those people who complain that teams cut players just before bonuses are due, keep in mind that those bonuses are generally requested by agents so that it sort of forces the team to either commit to the player (pay out the bonus), or cut them early enough that they have time to catch on with another team.