Darian Durant Retires

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt... you never know what might come up unexpectedly in someone's personal life that would affect this decision (maybe an unexpected family illness, etc)... but to not even inform the team is certainly suspect...

I was just thinking "I wonder if he planned this from the start?"

Certainly this is a classless move by Durant, but the whole deal is still on Walters and I would hold him accountable for this incompetence if I were upper management. It was Walters who went so tight in the negotiations with Durant that he pissed him off, and here is the result.

And yet that money they spent in signing bonus is the difference in signing Muamba, Westerman, or some other impact Cdn talent.

When a few more of Walters missteps come to light, such as the decision to cheap out in key areas such as Oline and DB, Bombers could be in really rough shape this year, particularly when they play Nuefeld on the OLine and Nichols is seroiusly hurt by week 5.

Well at least Walters will be happy because now he can show management that he will operate the team way under the cap for the year. Should be the best year of all for savings under the cap for the Bombers which is extra money they can return to the BOD.

1 minute ago, TheSource said:

Certainly this is a classless move by Durant, but the whole deal is still on Walters and I would hold him accountable for this incompetence if I were upper management. It was Walters who went so tight in the negotiations with Durant that he pissed him off, and here is the result.

And yet that money they spent in signing bonus is the difference in signing Muamba, Westerman, or some other impact Cdn talent.

When a few more of Walters missteps come to light, such as the decision to cheap out in key areas such as Oline and DB, Bombers could be in really rough shape this year, particularly when they play Nuefeld on the OLine and Nichols is seroiusly hurt by week 5.

Well at least Walters will be happy because now he can show management that he will operate the team way under the cap for the year. Should be the best year of all for savings under the cap for the Bombers which is extra money they can return to the BOD.

LMAO I love this trolling ... hey ISO, are you here to tell me I should be nice to this guy again?

1 minute ago, Mike said:

LMAO I love this trolling ... hey ISO, are you here to tell me I should be nice to this guy again?

Not trolling. I just don't like Walters approach. I do like many other things about the team though.

8 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt... you never know what might come up unexpectedly in someone's personal life that would affect this decision (maybe an unexpected family illness, etc)... but to not even inform the team is certainly suspect...

If he had time to type up the retirement announcement for his website, he had time for a ******* phone call... 

Never liked him, hated the signing, always was a suspect character.  

9 minutes ago, TheSource said:

What a goof. You’re just jealous with Walters.

1 hour ago, TheSource said:

Nasty Nate,is that you?

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

So Ross and Streveler promoted to 2 and 3 respectively. Maybe Nelson will get another call. 

I don't see any free-agent vet QB other than Drew Tate - and this guy doesn't live and breathe football. 

On the positive side, we may have gain some cap space. 

let's go sign Henoc. Is what I would have said if this was April 11th.