Darian Durant Retires

I don’t really get what the big deal is about not having a backup with experience. Were we in good shape last year with a backup with experience in Lefevour when Nichols went down? People go on and on about how the Bombers have only question marks behind Nichols but that’s true of every team in the league outside of BC,Toronto and Edmonton. Not saying the Ross or Streveler are necessarily the answers but I’d be shocked if they weren’t any worse than the options for two thirds of the league. 

5 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I don’t really get what the big deal is about not having a backup with experience. Were we in good shape last year with a backup with experience in Lefevour when Nichols went down? People go on and on about how the Bombers have only question marks behind Nichols but that’s true of every team in the league outside of BC,Toronto and Edmonton. Not saying the Ross or Streveler are necessarily the answers but I’d be shocked if they weren’t any worse than the options for two thirds of the league. 

I think it's the trauma from years past in which our backups were forced to play behind a crap o-line and with limited talent at rb/wr,    It's way more likely that these guys can succeed since the o-line will actually give them a chance to look at a 2nd read and it also helps having guys like Harris who can give us many 2nd and short situations.    

Unless these guys play completely moronic like Boltus then they should be able to move the ball around.  

9 hours ago, TheSource said:

Time to let this thread die.

In the long run Durant has done the Bombers a favor. The remainder of his money may have been the difference in signing Bighill, and down the road Bombers will be further ahead if one of the rookie backups develops this year.

agree 100%. serendipity. 

9 hours ago, TheSource said:

Time to let this thread die.

In the long run Durant has done the Bombers a favor. The remainder of his money may have been the difference in signing Bighill, and down the road Bombers will be further ahead if one of the rookie backups develops this year.

Yeah, Darian did us a huge favour. 

A couple of people have suggested this thread should be closed / die.   There is absolutely zero reason to lock this thread.

If you are done with the conversation, don't read it anymore.  It is as simple as that.  When the community is done discussing a topic it will shuffle down the list to die with all of the other threads that have run their course.

Mods don't direct what topics are discussed.  They enforce the rules of the board to try to keep the discussion civil.  A thread is usually only locked when it has gone way off the rails or someone has resurrected a really old thread.

I would never be part of a forum where the mods dictated when a topic can be discussed and not ... just because a few think it shouldn't be discussed anymore.

3 hours ago, Rich said:

A couple of people have suggested this thread should be closed / die.   There is absolutely zero reason to lock this thread.

If you are done with the conversation, don't read it anymore.  It is as simple as that.  When the community is done discussing a topic it will shuffle down the list to die with all of the other threads that have run their course.

Mods don't direct what topics are discussed.  They enforce the rules of the board to try to keep the discussion civil.  A thread is usually only locked when it has gone way off the rails or someone has resurrected a really old thread.

I would never be part of a forum where the mods dictated when a topic can be discussed and not ... just because a few think it shouldn't be discussed anymore.

In that case...

My personal fav nostalgic doubledouche meme:

saskatchewan-roughrider-fan-jokes.jpg

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Floyd said:

What are the rules with retiring and then mounting a comeback?  Surely the team you retired with must hold your rights...

Durant is Bomber property until early Feb. 2019. So any comeback for this season would require a trade for his rights and possibly $70k in cash.

If I were running the Bombers I would offer Durant an outright release for $70k. and then let him pick his own team because it is unlikely any team will trade for Durant's rights.

5 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

If it comes down to that Wpg might as well get whatever they can for Durant’s rights.  Trying to over negotiate out of spite often reaps no result.

Spite is a perfectly legitimate reason to do things. 

Durant wants to play this year then he can return the Bombers money, if not happy retirement!