Darian Durant Retires

Durant is a classless piece of ****. Guy talks in his media release about his new kid, should realize he's setting a poor example for the kid, unless his goal is to raise a ****** like him. I hope the club sues him and wins the money back and holds his rights in perpetuity just so he can't sign a 1 day deal to retire a Rider.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Jeff Hamilton on the radio said that the Blue still have not spoke with Durant yet and that the club is very upset at the situation.     From the sounds of it they will fight for the bonus money.   

I will assume that Durant will never show his face up North again after torpedoing whatever reputation the guy had left.   

Sure he will, he'll just wait for the Riders organization to pay for his airfare and accommodations before doing so.....but as long as Chris Jones is in charge I'd bet it doesn't happen.

46 minutes ago, Floyd said:

On taking the $70K bonus from the #Bombers. "I deserve it." - Darian Durant #CFL via @rodpedersen

Is this for real?  He did absolutely nothing to earn that money.  That's like losing your job a pepsi and then robbing coke for 70k.

He was already way overpaid for his performance the past few years in the CFL.

Edited by Colin Unger

17 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Is this for real?  He did absolutely nothing to earn that money.  That's like losing your job a pepsi and then robbing coke for 70k.

He was already way overpaid for his performance the past few years in the CFL.

http://3downnation.com/2018/05/11/darian-durant-on-bombers-signing-bonus-i-deserve-that/

Pedersen: Any take on what the Blue Bombers had to say today?

Durant: Well, first of all, it’s something that they’ve known. I wouldn’t dare just hang up my cleats and then not let them know. My agent has been in conversations with their general manager for the past three-four weeks now, so they knew that. Secondly, I’m not going to address the bonus situation. I just felt like it was just a situation where I deserve that. I’m going to just leave it at that.

1 minute ago, Colin Unger said:

Even if he did deserve it which he doesn't.. My God how he can feel that Winnipeg is the organization that should be giving it to him out of charity!!

I just cannot believe how dumb he is.  he lit this massive fire and keeps adding gas to it with dumb, dumb comments.

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Idk how much of it is being dumb, or entitled, or just a crook justifying doing the wrong thing.

I assume dumb. How else do you believe the crap hes saying and believe that everyone else is going to swallow it too?

1 hour ago, SPuDS said:

For what?! Learning to write his own name?? Jesus christ.

Maybe. I mean perhaps it took him a long time to master the skill. He went to UNC and got a degree in African American studies which is fine in and of itself but given that UNC had a multi year investigation into that program because athletes were taken fake courses in that program or ones where the work was done for them, maybe it took Darian longer than the start of kindergarten to learn how to write his name.

I've always thought of Durant as a POS and while I understood the need for a good backup QB I was never comfortable with the idea of him as a Bomber. Just didn't feel right. Now this. 

I can't help but wonder what, in his mind, did he do for the Bombers that he feels he deserves $70,000 from us.