Round 3 : Game 1 - Knights of the Roulette Table

Very very nearly Visa'd up a flight / overnight hotel / ticket for Game 4, but in the end gave it a pass.

Given how bad the Bombers play when I'm in the building, I'm gonna do my part and stay the hell away .. this was basically paying four figures to hurt the Jets' chances.

Edited by johnzo

11 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Jets should just cap it at 27k and turn away people once capacity has been met, they have to of thought people would gobble up the 8 tickets per person and try and sell the one they didn't need, this is Winnipeg after all.🤣

I think they’re worried about way more people arriving and it causing a security issue when they can’t get in. This is to chill the crowds a bit. 

But the ticket idea wasn’t well thought out. 

12 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Jets should just cap it at 27k and turn away people once capacity has been met, they have to of thought people would gobble up the 8 tickets per person and try and sell the one they didn't need, this is Winnipeg after all.🤣 

I think the issue here is that you could get a pretty nasty crowd control problem on your hands turning away people like that.  Cops are probably anxious about riots.

12 minutes ago, johnzo said:

I think the issue here is that you could get a pretty nasty crowd control problem on your hands turning away people like that.  Cops are probably anxious about riots.

Probably true but they haven't had any serious problems and the crowd count has always been capped, as other have said this was not was thought out well, you as many as possible to attend simply make more room especially on a Saturday night where downtown is usually a ghost town.

Offense: Now that the Penguins and Predators are out, the Jets have three of the top five scorers remaining in the postseason. Mark Scheifele and Blake Wheeler are 1-2 (16 and 15 points, respectively), and Scheifele's 11 goals pace the entire field. Alex Ovechkin is the next closest with eight. Paul Stastny has 14 points. Vegas' top goal-scorers are William Karlsson, Alex Tuch and Jonathan Marchessault with four apiece.  

sporting news

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

sporting news

Gameplan: Quarantine Tuch and Marchessault, park Stastny and Lowry in front of Fleury, have Buff do his thing, more breathing room for Connor to play his game; Laine and Shief find their sweet spot on the ice, Helle positioning picture perfect = we win.

Easy smeezy.