Round 2 - Game 6: Predators at Jets

1516JETS017_MTSCentre-VS-Graphics_620x33

Monday, CBC, NBCSN  at 8:30 p.m.

Tagline: "Keystone Province vs Volunteer State"

Storyline: After silencing the "Sea of Pee", the Jets return home to "White Noise" to try to clinch their first ever conference final appearance.

Quote: “We’re going to go there, we’re going to win a game, we’re going to come back here. It’s that simple,”  - P.K. Subban, guaranteeing a game 6 victory.

Quote #2: “In this world, nothing can be said to be certain except death and taxes" - Benjamin Franklin

Fun facts: Winnipeg has scored 4 goals in a period 3 times through 10 playoff games. They scored 4 or more 7 times in the regular season (including 5 in a period 5 times)........Nashville was 9-9 in road games following a home loss this year in the regular season (1-0 in the playoffs)......Jets were 5-1-1 at home following a road win (the only loss was to Nashville), they are also 1-0 in the playoffs.......Pekka Rinne has been pulled 3 times in 11 playoff games, after being pulled only twice in 59 regular season games (not counting the last game of the year, which he only played the first 40 minutes of a win and was taken out to rest, rather than the usual "pulled for playing badly".

Don Cherry was bang on during the first intermission of game 5 - the Jets need to play their speed game right from the start.  They were dumping the puck in and letting the Nashville D take their sweet time going back to get it.  They cranked up the speed and even Subban looked ordinary - he got beat on several of the Jets' goals.  

Fun Fact addition: Patrik Laine is scoring again.

9 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Pekka Rinne has been pulled 3 times in 11 playoff games, after being pulled only twice in 59 regular season games (not counting the last game of the year, which he only played the first 40 minutes of a win and was taken out to rest, rather than the usual "pulled for playing badly".

It must be frustrating to make three saves in row, then lie flopped on the ice with a Buff rocket whizzing over your head.  

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Hendricks as a replacement for Little just seems so absurd.

They're both centres.  And that's all I got.  ?    A Perreault/Roslovic/Armia line would be just fine.  But we both know Hendo will go in if Little is out.  Maybe Nashville will do us a solid and put Hartnell in. ?

Just now, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

They're both centres.  And that's all I got.  ?    A Perreault/Roslovic/Armia line would be just fine.  But we both know Hendo will go in if Little is out.  Maybe Nashville will do us a solid and put Hartnell in. ?

Roslo is better in every way and can play up the line up should that be needed.  Not the end of the world though.  Hopefully Little is good to go.

14 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Roslo is better in every way and can play up the line up should that be needed.  Not the end of the world though.  Hopefully Little is good to go.

I can't, for the life of me, understand why Maurice is so in love with Hendricks.  There is no way he should play another second of playoff hockey.  Like you said, I hope Little is good to go.

If Little is out, I hope they move Lowry up and don't mess around too much.

Hartnell is playing. Not sure why Maurice would handicap us like that. Ppl get bent out of shape when we take shots at Maurices decisions. Keep in mind.. Maurice always talks about how the game is about speed and skill yet he throws Hendricks in there.. Completely contradicting what he says. I believe its ok to criticize and question certain coaching decisions.. Hendricks playing is one of those. 

20 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Hartnell is playing. Not sure why Maurice would handicap us like that. Ppl get bent out of shape when we take shots at Maurices decisions. Keep in mind.. Maurice always talks about how the game is about speed and skill yet he throws Hendricks in there.. Completely contradicting what he says. I believe its ok to criticize and question certain coaching decisions.. Hendricks playing is one of those. 

Totally agree.  I think we're doing Nashville a big favour every time he puts Hendricks in the lineup.

27 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I figured Maurice was playing a hunch with Hendricks the first time.  But it certainly doesnt explain why'd do it again.

Knowing Maurice, I'd guess he'd say something like he expects a heavy game from the Preds, ergo inserting Hendricks over Roslo.

Yea I know, lots of difficulty with that statement.  It could maybe he thinks inserting MH over Roslo is the lesser of the two evils based on assessing both of their limited play in the playoffs to date.

Maybe they will throw a curveball tonight and dress Dano. I'm kidding. 

Hopefully Little plays and all of this is a moot point. I hope the trainers are working their magic.  

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Is it confirmed that Hartnell is playing?  Good, they are playing their old slow bum, let's not copy them by playing Hendricks.  Roslo - it's a no-brainer.

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Is it confirmed that Hartnell is playing?  Good, they are playing their old slow bum, let's not copy them by playing Hendricks.  Roslo - it's a no-brainer.

Hartnell was effective in game 4. Still, Roslo over Hendricks any day. 

22 minutes ago, JCon said:

Hartnell was effective in game 4. Still, Roslo over Hendricks any day. 

yeah, I guess so, but if he was so effective it didn't make sense to pull him for Fiala in game 5.  Fiala is by far a better player.  I guess Hartnell got into Buff's head?  I don't know.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yeah, I guess so, but if he was so effective it didn't make sense to pull him for Fiala in game 5.  Fiala is by far a better player.  I guess Hartnell got into Buff's head?  I don't know.

Hartnell was old and tired, I guess. 

Hendricks replaced Ehlers when we crushed the Wild to clinch the first round and also played 60 games over the course of the best season in Jets history.  But also its impossible to win with him and Maurice is dumber than everyone on the internet.