Training Camp 2018

13 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yes that is true.  If being a ******-bag is now going to be called being a "Durant", perhaps the Pick Six should just be called the "Kevin Glenn".

Then what do we call the 105 yard last second touchdown pass?  The Milt??   Poor Glenn never gets the credit he deserves!

Just now, Colin Unger said:

Then what do we call the 105 yard last second touchdown pass?  The Milt??   Poor Glenn never gets the credit he deserves!

we call that pulling a milt. never forget on the previous play edm did the exact same thing, milt was open and kg missed him. how on earth you see that once and call the same defense on the next play I will never know. 

A blink is when the other team plays cover 0, goes full run blitz and you still some how run up the gut and go un touched for a touch down. 

Off sides? thats a willis. 

8 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yes that is true.  If being a ******-bag is now going to be called being a "Durant", perhaps the Pick Six should just be called the "Kevin Glenn".

soo much yes. 

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 30m30 minutes ago
Watching #Bombers QBs Chris Streveler and Alex Ross during Day 1 of rookie camp this afternoon... different skill sets, but both look like capable pros. They’ll battle for No. 2 behind Nichols. I’m lead to believe Winnipeg will not pursue another veteran option. – at Winnipeg Football Club
Edited by Colin Unger

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Watching <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bombers?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bombers</a> QBs Chris Streveler and Alex Ross during Day 1 of rookie camp this afternoon... different skill sets, but both look like capable pros. They’ll battle for No. 2 behind Nichols. I’m lead to believe Winnipeg will not pursue another veteran option. <a href="https://t.co/lhgurz5KPW">pic.twitter.com/lhgurz5KPW</a></p>&mdash; Darrin Bauming (@DarrinBauming) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrinBauming/status/996873217443811328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 16, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Twitter has never been my thing. this makes me think it never will be. its like my brain is trying its best to reject the message from twitter.

flash backs to html.

1 minute ago, Colin Unger said:

He's like the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of quarterbacks :P

ohhhh snapple. inb4 durant steals this line. 

He really does personify the bombers post khari era pre mos era. Who is it for the dark ages pre ritchie? kerwin bell or reggie slack?

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

ohhhh snapple. inb4 durant steals this line. 

He really does personify the bombers post khari era pre mos era. Who is it for the dark ages pre ritchie? kerwin bell or reggie slack?

There are too many options...  I have fonder memories of Reggie Slack than Kerwin Bell.  Kerwin's more identifiable as the Argo's QB who sacked himself in front of Juran Bolden and got a penalty for it :)

There are too many options...  I have fonder memories of Reggie Slack than Kerwin Bell.  Kerwin's more identifiable as the Argo's QB who sacked himself in front of Juran Bolden and got a penalty for it :)

part of my pre season ritual every year is watching that play before the first game and before the first time we play the argos. Kerwin gets in, does a shimmy dance spikes the ball, bounces up and hits him right in the lil bell he gets decked by a bomber and still gets the penalty for taunting. 😝

9 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Oh and I love Dunigans response too, "He just hit himself in the you-know-where". Just priceless!

Kind of grateful if this is the case. A veteran QB at this point would have no upside...a rookie might.

4 qbs in camp is plenty of arms. Its in their hands/arms. If they do well in camp and pre season we dont need to dig up any old guys.

2 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Yeah.. If anyone can come out of college and succeed their first year its Chris Streveler.  The type of offense he was at the helm of looks eerily similar to what most CFL teams run (see video below if you disagree). If he can pick up the nuances (extra player on the field, forward motion)I think he will be fine. He also has nerves of steel and is exceptionally calm and confident in the shotgun. Hopefully, we don't have to find out though because Matt Nichols has been pretty healthy and doesn't take a lot of shots due to the style of offense we run and his ability to get rid of the ball quickly. 

We have to sign that #88 receiver - Brandt Van Roekel - He's a big guy - 6.05 200 

35 minutes ago, Mark F said:

downside of Streveler and Ross working out/being good.....we will no longer be able to discuss the Bombers failure to find and or develop quarterbacks.

This would deal a serious blow to the forum!

no matter how good they turn out to be, I'm sure TBurg will chime in to tell us that they suck.  So at least we'd still have that....

6 hours ago, Mark F said:

downside of Streveler and Ross working out/being good.....we will no longer be able to discuss the Bombers failure to find and or develop quarterbacks.

This would deal a serious blow to the forum!

I'm cheering for Streveler...

But this post is essentially the same 'oh we've finally found our QB of the future haha on everyone else' that we see every single year...

And then they get cut or leave