Training Camp 2018

20 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm not sure it even ensures that, but Nichols won't be the only player to go down for a while this year. Adams, Bowman, Dressler, Wild and Neufeld all have multiple injury histories.

Why do the Bombers build their team on injury prone players or players close to being wash outs?

It seems Bombers always have guys who get injured more easily than the other teams.

Is it because they are lesser quality guys trying to play over their heads or is it because broken players are cheaper?

5 minutes ago, TheSource said:

Why do the Bombers build their team on injury prone players or players close to being wash outs?

It seems Bombers always have guys who get injured more easily than the other teams.

Is it because they are lesser quality guys trying to play over their heads or is it because broken players are cheaper?

Which players are you referring to.  Outside of Neufeld not sure what to make of what you’re saying.

On 2018-06-08 at 2:35 PM, Goalie said:

Our O doesn't revolve around a QB, Nichols or other who is a gunslinger... Our O revolves around a QB who protects the ball... Gets the ball in the hand of the playmakers and lets them do the rest... I dont know where this idea our QB needs to be some all pro stud comes from... The QB, Nichols or other just needs to manage the game, dont force the ball if its not there... 

At least, it was last year...

I will second that:   "just needs to manage the game, don't force the ball if its not there... " I hope Lapo can teach that to our stable of QB's ... I think we have great QB teachers in Lapo & Pierce and so I believe they will get that done

Looks like Ross has been selected to start but if he struggles expect another QB will be given a chance ...  But remember MOS tends to stick with his starters even when performing poorly .... fortunately I think QB will be a Lapo decision

I would not be surprised if we see all 3 QBs in one of the first 3 games

2 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Which players are you referring to.  Outside of Neufeld not sure what to make of what you’re saying.

Compared to all the other starting QBs, Nichols is very injury prone - that is why we are where we are, and that is well known.

Other players who are considered Bomber starts who are extremely injury prone are:

Dressler

Adams

Cory Watson (when he was here)

Addison Richards (this one was the joke of the league)

Drew Willy

Robert Marve

Isn't it possible that because Bombers have been so very poor at finding quality talent over the last 20 years that they are settling for players who really should not be playing?

4 minutes ago, TheSource said:

Compared to all the other starting QBs, Nichols is very injury prone - that is why we are where we are, and that is well known.

Other players who are considered Bomber starts who are extremely injury prone are:

Dressler

Adams

Drew Willy

Robert Marve

Isn't it possible that because Bombers have been so very poor at finding quality talent over the last 20 years that they are settling for players who really should not be playing?

This post is simply idiotic.

5 minutes ago, TheSource said:

Dressler

Adams

Drew Willy

Robert Marve

I’m not interested in talking about players from back in the days before the current regime has had time to build up depth and talent.

Nichols has only missed 1 game so far.  Zach Collares and Drew Willy are much more injury proned at this point. Jennings has had injury problems as well.

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

This post is simply idiotic.

Well, not completely. Durability is also a trait that a championship team needs. Cant win a GC without it.

Compared to the last time the Bombers were good in the Cal Murphy era, these Bomber teams lack toughness in my opinion.

There are exceptions however - Harris would look great in any era.

In my opinion, Bombers need more old-school guys like that. GMs and coaches should be looking for durability to go along with talent. Still think that after around the era of Dave Ritchie until now the Bombers have done a less than average job of finding players that are both durable and talented.

13 minutes ago, TheSource said:

Well, not completely. Durability is also a trait that a championship team needs. Cant win a GC without it.

Compared to the last time the Bombers were good in the Cal Murphy era, these Bomber teams lack toughness in my opinion.

There are exceptions however - Harris would look great in any era.

In my opinion, Bombers need more old-school guys like that. GMs and coaches should be looking for durability to go along with talent. Still think that after around the era of Dave Ritchie until now the Bombers have done a less than average job of finding players that are both durable and talented.

When a current but dead Cal Murphy team, or a long ago Dave Richie team play and beat a current Marc Trestman or a John Hufnagel team, I’ll agree that your point might be valid. But your talking pure fantasy. 

Edited by Rod Black

Just now, Rod Black said:

When a current but dead Cal Murphy team, or a long ago a Dave Richie team play and beat a current Marc Trestman or a John Hufnagel team, I’ll agree that your point might be valid. But your talking pure fantasy. 

Then lets go dig Cal up and I'll get the paddles ready...

30 minutes ago, TheSource said:

?? How can anyone with even the slightest knowledge of pro football say anything like this at all? Is Jeff reinbold still finding talent for us? Do you think Walters talks to Jim Daley to get his input on which QB's to sign? Or maybe they go and ask Mike Kelly who they should trade for?

I'm fairly sure the quoted post is currently leading the race for, dumbest **** I've read on this forum in 2018. congratulations.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

?? How can anyone with even the slightest knowledge of pro football say anything like this at all? Is Jeff reinbold still finding talent for us? Do you think Walters talks to Jim Daley to get his input on which QB's to sign? Or maybe they go and ask Mike Kelly who they should trade for?

I'm fairly sure the quoted post is currently leading the race for, dumbest **** I've read on this forum in 2018. congratulations.

Actually I'm fairly certain that Mike could really help the team find talent south of the border.

Gonna go back and look at that Calgary finale from last year, the one where Lapo had the Fever run the most conservative game plan I've ever seen in the CFL.  Not a pass over five yards.  Bet that's what we see while we're waiting for Nicholls.