Training Camp 2018

just saw Nichols is out 4-6 weeks.

IF this is true and it’s not worse than that, could this actually turn out being a good thing? 

Hear me out. Imagine Nichols is out 6 weeks, we go 3-3 or 2-4 we are nowhere close to out of the race. Nichols comes back and gives a huge boost to the team and has been resting for the first third of the season.

I know wishful thinking but we have to be positive at this point.

45 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'd rather we not win a single game this year than welcome that ****ing loser back to this franchise.

haha I just said the same thing to a guy in the office - I'd rather lose every game then have DD back.

So...really, with Pre-season this week, we're looking at him missing 3 games...maybe 2 if he's back the early part of 4 weeks?

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

haha I just said the same thing to a guy in the office - I'd rather lose every game then have DD back.

So...really, with Pre-season this week, we're looking at him missing 3 games...maybe 2 if he's back the early part of 4 weeks?

I think he's going on the 6 game DL, which means he's available after 4 games (I think). 

I think the bigger question about the injured list is are they counting from start of regular season or including preseason. 

Plan for him to be out the first 4 games of the regular season (through the July 7th game at home) at least. Gives him a month to heal. 

4 games plus 1 preseason is ALOT of playtime for our backups. They can get a ton of experience.

If we can come out of it 2-2 awesome. Anything better than that and we are laughing. 

On the Durant willing to unretire..that's funniest thing I heard in a while.. after what he said and then say he could come back if needed is pathetic

As for injury...based on timeline it's what I figured..meniscus tear I bet..more specifically a crescent tear which when occurs can seem like your knee gave out on you and u did something major...I had one myself and when it folds over in the joint causes major pain...sometimes locks up..or as in his case causes u to collapse...easy surgery orthascropic..trim it..clean out any debris and rest up..I came back in 3 weeks on mine and just depends on your pain threshold..if u have minimal swelling from the surgery and what kind of mentality u have..

Technically u can play with it unfixed but it can be painful..cause swelling and tear worse...and if it folds and flips around you have results of what happened in practice.. or worse