Training Camp 2018

48 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

I have no idea how they're evaluating Mahoney as I feel like he hasn't taken any snaps in practice.

I don't think he is really there to be evaluated. If one of the other guys get injured, we need another arm around to take a few reps during practice so no one gets dead arm during TC.

I would imagine that Clarke's game wasn't as flashy as it sounds. The two key points were an interception and a knockdown.  Wasn't the interception a deflection play and not the result of him necessarily having great coverage on his guy?  And I believe the knockdown was that play in the endzone where the DB was cleanly beaten but the quarterback underthrew the pass so it banged off the DB's back. 

Am i getting this right?

1 hour ago, do or die said:

Both Nevis and Johnson looked pretty quick, in the X game.   Entire D looked quick.

The whole DLplayed great. jeffcoat was maybe the most quiet but when every one else is beasting and you only have one QB to rush lol. 

A return of nevis' best football and poop getting even better is a scary thought. 

I should bump the thread from last year where I pointed out how Faith is hardly a CFL player and this entire board grilled me.  He's going to amount to less than Garrett Waggonner. Jake Thomas is a far player than Ekakitie. Remember, this guy was supposed to be CFL ready when we picked him.

The Wyman article alluded to many of the concerns that came with Ekakitie prior to us drafting him. Showing up out of shape, lazy, lack of effort etc. It's a shame that you either take a good player (Gray) and may never get him, or you take a play who will play in the CFL and never in the NFL (Ekakitie) but who sucks.

Edited by Blueandgold

I don't know where you got lazy and lack of effort? If you read the article the process was a little overwhelming and his focus shifted from getting him self squared away here than totally focused on the field. If he was truly lazy and did not care he would not of came into camp in much better shape. 

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

If Ekakatie has to be cut to keep a spot for a guy who is actually contributing, so be it.  I don't want to lose a Augustine, Branning, Petermann etc just because Ekakatie was first overall and they were undrafted or a later pick.

We just cannot lose Faith at this time of the season. We might need a Faith lift.

Edited by tracker