Training Camp 2018

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

The frustrating thing is Lankford is average at best and we seem to have so many others with more to offer (White, Randle, Thompkins, Washington, Coney) that it would be so aggravating to cut them and keep Lankford which I am sure means Hands of Stone.

That was his reputation with the Riders but there has been no evidence of it in his time with the Bombers.....so far.  Fun fact, Lankford weighs the same as Dressler, 168 lbs. but is 3" taller.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Lankford needs to do it with the lights on tho.. Lots of these guys do.. The EX games will matter

Lankford is great if they can somehow get him in space with 20 yards with nobody around him. Once he's bumped while running a route he looks like Bambi has just been hit by a car with the ball tipped 20 feet in the air.

35 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Lankford is the type of player who’s great when there’s no hitting. 

He’s no where to be found when the lights are on. Now that we’ve dumped Hurl, he’s the last pet project we need to get rid of him. 

If they cut Lankford a new list of scapegoat prospects will have to be assembled, leading candidate Richie Hall.

Kuale

Gregg Peach

Marcel Bellefeuille

Romby Bryant

Lirim Hajrullahu

Drew Willy

Bruce Johnson

Roc Carmichael

Sam Hurl

6 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If they cut Lankford a new list of scapegoat prospects will have to be assembled, leading candidate Richie Hall.

Kuale

Gregg Peach

Marcel Bellefeuille

Romby Bryant

Lirim Hajrullahu

Drew Willy

Bruce Johnson

Roc Carmichael

Sam Hurl

It feels like Nevis or Neufeld are the guys this year.  Outside chance to Anthony Gaitor or Steven Clarke.

14 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Kuale

Gregg Peach

Marcel Bellefeuille

Romby Bryant

Lirim Hajrullahu

Drew Willy

Bruce Johnson

Roc Carmichael

Sam Hurl

We can’t forget Lin J Shell and we definitely can’t forget Macho Harris. 

3 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

We can’t forget Lin J Shell and we definitely can’t forget Macho Harris. 

Neither played enough to make much of a difference and in Macho's case he actually played quite well in a limited role on S.T..  His reputation preceded him from his time with the Riders. 

I actually made the list in jest to serve the "haters", I think it's completely idiotic to blame the woes of a football team on a select few individuals, it's a team game.

15 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Neither played enough to make much of a difference and in Macho's case he actually played quite well in a limited role on S.T..  His reputation preceded him from his time with the Riders. 

I actually made the list in jest to serve the "haters", I think it's completely idiotic to blame the woes of a football team on a select few individuals, it's a team game.

Eh, removing Willy, Macho, and Neufeld and replacing them Nichols, Loffler, and Bond is what made us the the team we are today. 

It’s a team game sure but when it comes to the O-line or secondary one player is fully capable of making the entire unit look bad. 

9 hours ago, Atomic said:

It feels like Nevis or Neufeld are the guys this year.  Outside chance to Anthony Gaitor or Steven Clarke.

I thought it was Nevis and Hurl last year. I don't mind Lankford in the right situations on offense even if we're not actually throwing the ball to him, however I don't think we need him if he's just going to return kicks.

Edited by Gotmilt

15 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Kuale

Gregg Peach

Marcel Bellefeuille

Romby Bryant

Lirim Hajrullahu

Drew Willy

Bruce Johnson

Roc Carmichael

Sam Hurl

My favourite was when we started Brian Brohm for something like 5 games one season.

50 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

My favourite was when we started Brian Brohm for something like 5 games one season.

I was around for TJ Rubley, Kevin McDugall, etc. and I think Brohm was the worst quarterback I've ever seen.

Dinwiddie had a cannon compared to that guy.

I lived in Saskatchewan for a few years during the Al Ford -Rambo era, and the stream of quarterbacks they brought in were no better than the Bombers in recent years, and apart from Durant, it hasn't gotten all that much better since. Probably true for most CFL teams.

Went to camp today. Ended a bit early.

Simonise and Petermann were in the starting lineup with Demski and Wolitarsky out. Both looked pretty good.

QBs were hard to separate. Mahoney didn't throw as much as the others. Bennett was there but not dressed or taking reps yet. Saw Streveler run a couple of times and with those long legs he can really move. I still think he is behind Ross but I wonder if he gets in the game for some LeFevour-type runs.

Bighill was fitting right in, pointing things out and talking to a bunch of the defense. Apparently he had a very nice near-INT but I missed it. Kyrie Wilson and Chandler Fenner were beside him as the outside guys most commonly. Fenner had an interception off Nichols today, with Alexander deflecting the pass that led to it. Fogg also had a really nice pick, diving to the sideline for the ball. 

35 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

Went to camp today. Ended a bit early.

Simonise and Petermann were in the starting lineup with Demski and Wolitarsky out. Both looked pretty good.

QBs were hard to separate. Mahoney didn't throw as much as the others. Bennett was there but not dressed or taking reps yet. Saw Streveler run a couple of times and with those long legs he can really move. I still think he is behind Ross but I wonder if he gets in the game for some LeFevour-type runs.

Bighill was fitting right in, pointing things out and talking to a bunch of the defense. Apparently he had a very nice near-INT but I missed it. Kyrie Wilson and Chandler Fenner were beside him as the outside guys most commonly. Fenner had an interception off Nichols today, with Alexander deflecting the pass that led to it. Fogg also had a really nice pick, diving to the sideline for the ball. 

I noticed Kyrie Wilson quite a few times yesterday as well, he knocked down a Nichols screen pass to the wide side in the backfield and seems to be around the ball quite a bit. I thought Ross looked better than Streveler yesterday as well, doesn't seem as mobile but throws a really nice ball and seems to be able to put it in some tight spots.

Edited by Gotmilt

23 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

I noticed Kyrie Wilson quite a few times yesterday as well, he knocked down a Nichols screen pass to the wide side in the backfield and seems to be around the ball quite a bit. I thought Hall looked better than Streveler yesterday as well, doesn't seem as mobile but throws a really nice ball and seems to be able to put it in some tight spots.

He’s back?  😳

A Recap of the Recaps

STANDING OUT:

We (Ed Tait) try to make a note on all those who make at least one stand-out play on each day at camp. Here’s who has earned a checkmark from bluebombers.com through the first two days…

Sunday: DT Cory Johnson, WR Darvin Adams, QB Matt Nichols, SB Nic Demski, SB Daniel Petermann, C Matthias Goossen, QB Alex Ross, DB Tyniel Cooper, CB Chris Randle

Monday: LB/DB Chandler Fenner, CB Brandon Alexander, WR Myles White, WR Weston Dressler, SB A.J. Coney, WR Tylor Henry, DE Craig Roh and DB Kevin Fogg, who had an interception on the last play of the day.

Standing out in the first two-a-day of training camp were: SB Nic Demski, WR Corey Washington, DB Anthony Gaitor, DT Drake Nevis, DT Cory Johnson, QB Alex Ross, RB Timothy Flanders, QB Matt Nichols, CB Chris Randle, WR Ryan Lankford, CB Brandon Alexander.

STANDING OUT: DB Marcus Sayles, WR Weston Dressler, S Taylor Loffler, RB Andrew Harris, WR Darvin Adams, DE Craig Roh, CB Chris Randle, WR Ryan Lankford.

Thursday’s prime-time players, from this perch, included DB Marcus Sayles – again – WR Darvin Adams, QB Matt Nichols, DE Jackson Jeffcoat, DT Cory Johnson, WR A.J. Coney, QB Alex Ross, WR Myles White, LB Adam Bighill, LB Jovan Santos-Knox.

Friday - WR Darvin Adams, QB Matt Nichols, QB Alex Ross, QB Chris Streveler, DB Tyniel Cooper, WR A.J. Coney, DB Steven Clarke, LB Quentin Gause, WR Donteea Dye, CB Brian Walker.,

Notice Darvin Adams..because he has been noticed 4 times already through camp. Same with our ‘scrub’ QB Matt Nichols and..

Alex Ross 4

A.J. Coney 3

Corey Johnson 3

CB Chris Randle

Nic Demski 2

CB Brandon Alexander 2

DB Marcus Sayles 2

WR Myles White 2

WR Weston Dressler 2

DE Craig Roh 2

Ryan Lankford 2

👁‍🗨Aw shucks... 

“I’m fortunate to be on the field with an organization like Winnipeg. I couldn’t ask for much more: the sun’s out, it’s training camp and I feel like we’ve got one of the best teams in the league.” Rashaun Simonise

👁‍🗨 The good thing about the signing of Bryan Bennett’s that he has the same initials as the Blue Bombers.

The bad thing is, so did Brian Brohm..